Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Why is my car cutting out?

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2013, 08:41 PM
On The Tree

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Default Why is my car cutting out?

The car pulls like the fate of the world depends on it until anywhere from 63xx to 65xx rpm and then cuts out but immediately resumes. Getting back into the throttle makes it happen again. Datalogging also stops. I have no clue why and I have asked a couple of respected tuners and they don't know either. I tried the suggestions I was given and it still does it. All datalog runs are in 3rd gear. On the second and third runs, I got the DIC message "speed limited to 100mph" which I was told is a communication failure.

No DTCs are being thrown either.

I have attached some data logs. Where they end is where the car cuts off. The very first log (1stlogrun) it pulled to 7030rpm before it cut off the rev limiter kicked in (I guess) but notice the logging continues. All subsequent logs it has cut off 63xx-65xx and logging stops there as well. I have tried holding the cord in, I have had a passenger hold the cord, I have also draped the cable over the steering column and none of it has worked.

The extreme rev limiter is set at 7200 with spark and ETC cut enabled. Fuel cut is disabled.

The 123456 log is the latest one. I rolled into the throttle on it and as you can see, the ETC percent and boost were down from the one before and it cut out earlier.

I also tried a second gear pull (not logged), it cut out around 55xx rpm with that.

377ci
vortech ysi w/cog
alky dual nozzle
m6
cam 610/575 235/260 115+6
PRC 260 LS3 heads
Ported LS2 TB
Ported LS3 intake
ID1000s

Doing runs without the logging equipment attached, it does the same thing. I have aeroforce interceptor gauges and they plug into the OBDII port as well. I have not tried driving the car without anything plugged into the OBDII port. I will try that next time.

Any insight or suggestions is greatly appreciated.

The 1stlogrun datalog is the baseline from which the tune evolved from.
Attached Files
File Type: hpl
1stlogrun.hpl (20.2 KB, 26 views)
12345.hpl (31.6 KB, 24 views)
123456.hpl (32.3 KB, 23 views)

Last edited by blake b; 05-30-2013 at 12:12 PM.

Quick Reply: Why is my car cutting out?