Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Inline/helper fuel pump?

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2013, 02:34 PM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Question Inline/helper fuel pump?

Hello, I just bought a ZEX high-output nitrous kit for my car. My mods are in the sig. I put down 430 RWHP. I am looking to run a 100 shot with this WET kit.

My car has the stock fuel pump (36 lb injectors though). Should I be able to get away with the small 100 shot on my fuel system, or, will I need to upgrade the intank pump or add an inline?

My car runs great. I would hate to have to lower the tank OR hack up the car to do the trap door..... Maybe someone can enlighten me to a good and easy to install inline fuel pump?

Thanks!!!!!!
Old 05-30-2013, 03:39 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

I have about the same n/a hp as you, and I am about to spray a 100 wet shot as well. With that said my Walbro 190 was barely enough for my n/a power, so there is no way the stocker will keep up in this situation. Check out the Ractronix kit. That's what I went with
Old 05-30-2013, 04:27 PM
Launching!

Inline/helper pump options? Like I said, I dont really want to drop the tank or hack up car and cut access hole......
Old 05-30-2013, 05:01 PM
FormerVendor

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by HCI2000SS
I have about the same n/a hp as you, and I am about to spray a 100 wet shot as well. With that said my Walbro 190 was barely enough for my n/a power, so there is no way the stocker will keep up in this situation. Check out the Ractronix kit. That's what I went with
Agreed. What you're wanting to do doesn't sound feasible. You want to put a pump inline that is going to be pulling fuel from the weak link just the same as the motor would be. Fuel volume is fuel volume and your stock pump won't keep up.
Old 05-30-2013, 06:20 PM
Launching!

I was hoping Nitrous Outlet was going to chime in.... Thanks, I guess I need to upgrade my fuel pump before hooking this kit up.
Old 05-30-2013, 07:29 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by brandon@nitrousoutlet
Agreed. What you're wanting to do doesn't sound feasible. You want to put a pump inline that is going to be pulling fuel from the weak link just the same as the motor would be. Fuel volume is fuel volume and your stock pump won't keep up.
Yep, and this is why I just ordered a Racetronix kit with the Walbro 255 and hot wire kit. No screwing around this time
Old 05-31-2013, 08:46 AM
FormerVendor

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by Droptoplt1ta
I was hoping Nitrous Outlet was going to chime in.... Thanks, I guess I need to upgrade my fuel pump before hooking this kit up.
Good deal!

Quick Reply: Inline/helper fuel pump?