Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

My Tick Master Review

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2013, 10:04 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My Tick Master Review

Well I posted a couple weeks ago about my clutch going out and to get opinions on what to go with. Turns out the clutch wasn't a stocker but a Centerforce. Looked like a descent unit and did a pretty good job for the first year I've had it. No clue how many miles were put on it before me though.

Yep... its toast

Well I decided to go with a Monster Level II with the 18lb billet flywheel, and installed Ticks Master Cylinder as well. All I can really say Is I am completely in love with this car, as if I wasn't already. It has been a bit of a learning curve seeing as how this thing grabs extremely quick, especially sitting still in traffic. But I'm getting used to it.

The main thing I wanted to speak of is Ticks master. I spent a total I think of about $380 on it along with their speed bleeder. At first you think holy jebus thats a ton of money for a master. But after all the reviews and posts I've seen about it I wanted to give it a shot. The install is horribly atrocious being that its a bigger unit than the stocker... but with some patience and perseverance it will fit through the narrow gap between the frame, wire loom, and steering coupler.

The bleeding process? Well as I said I installed an all new clutch and flywheel setup, as well as a new slave and pilot bearing. I didn't bench bleed the master... nor did I use the gravity bleed method once installed. I bought the speed bleeder line and ran it up towards the masters reservoir. Filled the reservoir... cracked the bleeder open into a cup of brake fluid and slowly pumped. Kept filling the reservoir as I went along. 10 minutes later completely bled... fiddled with the pedal height on some test drives and done.

The car feels like a newer higher end sports car. With that master installed, I honestly feel like the car is capable of shifting faster than I am humanly capable of. The whole setup is smooth and every shift is dead on ***** accurate. I did a few high rpm shifts (about 4500-5000) and they went right in with absolutely no effort.

For anyone that says they would never spend that kind of money on a "master cylinder" but have more money into your engine than your car is worth.... you need to rethink yourself. I would spend double what I payed to get what this thing does for your shifting. Coupled with the speed bleeder this is probably my favorite mod on the whole Trans Am.

Thank you Tick!!
Old 05-31-2013, 10:15 PM
TECH Apprentice

Great review i absolutely love the tick master. Nothing but great results over here and worth every penny. Faster, less effort shifting. I just ordered a monster level 2 with the 18lb flywheel as well can't wait to get that installed.
Old 06-01-2013, 11:21 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sweet man! I'm glad everything worked out well. I'm glad I went with the lightweight flywheel as well.
Old 06-01-2013, 09:32 PM
FormerVendor

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

Thanks for the kind words guys! This is what makes our master the best there is! The customers!
Old 06-02-2013, 09:11 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Best master cylinder around!
Old 06-04-2013, 03:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

I have to agree with everything OP stated. Shifting is not a problem anymore, ever.

I grabbed an MGW shifter that I installed along with my monster stage 2 and ticket master/bleeder and let me tell you that this shifter is worth it's weight in gold. It compliments all of the clutch & hydraulics PERFECTLY.
Old 06-04-2013, 03:48 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Just drove my car for the first time last night after a Monster Stage 3 Clutch Kit and Tick Master install and so far, I'm loving mine too. It sure beats the hell out of a limp as a noodle clutch pedal that I had to pick up off the ground with my foot everytime before I shifted.
Old 06-04-2013, 04:49 PM
Teching In

I'll go ahead and put my review with yours since I just put my new tick master and speed bleeder on(with the Trans still in) the install of all of it while making a tool to put the speed bleeder on and bleeding it took around 3 hours and that was with tinkering around. Before I couldnt shift this car to save my life at higher rpms and neither could anyone else. Kinda embarrassing. I put this master on and like he said its just flawless I can stuff the gears fast without fail everytime so with the tick master, speed bleeder and mgw shifter the car is amazing to drive. Flawless job tick performance!!
Old 06-04-2013, 07:24 PM
Staging Lane

awesome review, its good to know the tick master Is well worth the money
Old 06-06-2013, 05:35 PM
Launching!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

just got myself a used tick master cylinder so far i like it. no more limp pedal after hammering on it. shifts so much better now.
Old 06-11-2013, 11:29 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I have the exact same setup, Monster Stage 2 w/ 18lbs flywheel, Tick Master, and also have an MGW shifter in my c5. It is the absolute best thing I've ever put in my car. Clutch grabs gears while still being able to be "skipped" at stop lights, pedal stays firm 100% of the time, never comes close to going limp or soft or sticking to the floor, and with the speed bleeder I can keep my slave clean 100% of the time. I've talked all of my buddies into this clutch as well as a ton others on the Corvette Forum and everybody I've talked into it loves it too.
Old 06-14-2013, 02:32 AM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Worth every penny.
Old 06-21-2013, 04:41 PM
Teching In

nice review man.
Old 06-22-2013, 05:35 AM
Launching!

I'm due for a new clutch. This review couldn't have come at a better time. Why did you choose a 18lb flywheel?

Last edited by 38DD2436; 06-22-2013 at 05:41 AM.

Quick Reply: My Tick Master Review