Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Single bolt cam sprocket 4x modified to 1x

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2013, 09:48 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Single bolt cam sprocket 4x modified to 1x

Since I work at a large salvage yard and we got a ton of 5.3's , I purchased a 2007 TBSS 6.0l as a core with a spun bearing for 250 complete. So since I already had my 5.3 dropped in my mustang I decided to use the 799 heads and the ls2 cam, problem is I forgot about the while single bolt 4x setup until I'm sliding the cam in the block! So I just decided to try welding up the the largest part to make it 1x and ground down the small fourth and weld the hole left by this. Cleaned up it actually resembles an 3 bolt ls1 style but single bolt, I plan on using the 6.0 anyways later so we shall see.
Old 06-14-2013, 09:35 PM
Teching In

Success!
Old 04-27-2016, 06:04 PM
Teching In

Sorry for reviving this but I'm curious as to how this worked out over the long run? I've come to the conclusion that no one makes a 1x single bolt cam gear after countless searches and endless threads. Not sure why since there seems to be somewhat of a market for it. I'd like to use the single bolt cam I have and it seems that the only option is to modify a 1x 3 bolt gear or modify a 4x single bolt gear. Anyone come up with any other options ?

Quick Reply: Single bolt cam sprocket 4x modified to 1x