Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

speed bleeder install without pulling trans! dont be scared!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2013, 10:33 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default speed bleeder install without pulling trans! dont be scared!!!

alright so along with ordering the tick master cylinder i ordered the speed bleeder line unaware that you had to pull the trans.. truth is you cant be scared of it. also you cant be scared to drill a hole into your trans tunnel( you cant ever tell and neither will anyone else). with some searching around i managed to find where to drill the hole at, which youll see with the attached photos. so for starters you need:

utility knife-to cut the plastic material away on the trans tunnel

i prefer a 1/4" drive socket set and long extensions

13mm socket along with a little bit of paper to stuff in the socket to keep the fitting in place

any kind of sticky glue to keep the washer on the fitting.
7/16 deep socket
6" long piece of 1/2" threaded pipe
die grinder or if you have access to a mill
welder
drill and a 1.5 hole saw

so to start you pull away your carpet, take your knife and cut away at the plastic material and cut in the area in the picture. then after you fold that back, from the floorpan go UP 5.5" and over 3.75" from the ridge on the vertical seam. take your hole saw and just make the committment to drill your hole. i was just a tad off so i had to make another half hole to make me happy. after the hole is drilled you should be able to look right at the stock bleeder screw, take that out and pitch it or whatever you wanna do with it. now is the time to take the 13mm socket and stuff just a little bit of paper into the end to hold it steady and so that the hex part is flush with the end of the socket or just sticking out a little bit, take a dap of glue and put it on the copper washer and stick it to the fitting. then with a long extension your ready to go into the bellhousing hole. im small enough that i could put my head near the hole and get a visual of what i was doing. simply screw the fitting into the slave cylinder BY HAND at first and then simply tighten it up when you cant turn it by hand anymore.

now this is simple as well all you need is access to a welder and a die grinder ( my piece isnt pretty by any means but it got the job done) take the piece of pipe and the 7/16 deep socket and weld them together. then just take the grinder and grind a notch out the full length of the pipe and socket that will fit the hose. when your finished with that slide the fitting into place on the socket and lay the hose in the notch. i used a little bit of electrical tape to hold the hose in the notch while screwing it onto the fitting at the slave cylinder. take the hose and straighten it out and stick the fitting with your new tool into the bell housing hole and start threading it on the slave cylinder fitting. when it gets snug just take a pair of channel locks and tighten on the piece of pipe and your finished! take your new speed bleeder tool out and push your hose through the hole, fold your plastic cover and carpet up, route your line wherever you want it and youve just installed your speed bleeder line without dropping the trans!!
Attached Thumbnails speed bleeder install without pulling trans! dont be scared!!!-tick.jpg   speed bleeder install without pulling trans! dont be scared!!!-tick2-478x640-.jpg  

Quick Reply: speed bleeder install without pulling trans! dont be scared!!!