Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

gear engagment really hard. help

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2013, 09:28 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default gear engagment really hard. help

I just installed my new spec stage 3 vlutch aluminum flywheel and new slave cylinder. I went to take it for a drive but it wouldnt go in reverse for nothing. It goes in the forward gears but i have to slam the peddle to the floor and force it into gear. Now they did send me a shim with my clutch but i didnt install it as i did the measurments but i may have got them wrong. Also my peddle is only off the floor about half the distance as it shoild be. I was thinking the clutch fingera wernt pusing the slave back far enought and letting the peddle come all the way up. Im sure it needs a shim just wanna get some opinions before i take the tranny out again.
Old 06-06-2013, 07:17 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Yup sounds like you need a shim. On a side not just to be sure are u confident everything's bled completely
Old 06-06-2013, 04:32 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I bleed it again this morning spent about 25 min on it and I'm confident I've got almost all if not all of it out. I'm gonna bleed it one more time before I pull the trans just for good measure. It helped a little now it goes in reverse but I have to force it in and the car starts to move backwards even with the peddle pressed to the floor so I'm pretty sure I'm gonna have to put the shimmering in it. Id rather have to take it back out to put a shimmering in it than put one in from the start and take a chance on burning up the clutch. Its just how I am id rather be safe and spend some extra time then to try and get it done in one job.

Quick Reply: gear engagment really hard. help