LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Tuner cat $EE and $EEB questions

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2013, 09:45 PM
Launching!

Received 36 Likes on 24 Posts

Default Tuner cat $EE and $EEB questions

Got a few questions for those who know more about this than me, I am just now starting to use my Tunercats software and may have screwed up already! I have a 94 roadmaster engine and trans that I am transplanting into another car so before I pulled the engine I wanted to turn off the vats. Read the PCM with the $EEB mask and saved the file on my laptop. I then turned off the VATS, saved the file on the laptop, and reprogrammed the PCM with the modified file still using the $EEB mask. Started the car just to make sure the PCM was still working ok and it started.
Now after some research I find that only some 1994 cars used the $EEB file and I may have had to use the $EE. How can I tell if I screwed up now that the $EEB file is burned into the PCM? Since I saved the original file using the $EEB mask, are there tables I can check on it to see if I used the correct mask? Lastly if I screwed up can I just reprogram the PCM with another bin file, say a 94 caprice? If the roadmaster program was originally the $EE can I just reprogram using my saved file but with the $EE mask or is my original bin file toast?
Any help is much appreciated!
Old 06-05-2013, 10:31 PM
9-Second Club

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

If the injector size shows up as ~24lbs, you used the correct one. If it's some crazy number, your calibration was not a B. I don't remember if the VATS location is the same, or not. Difference is the offset for several parameters.
Old 06-06-2013, 06:57 AM
Launching!

Received 36 Likes on 24 Posts

Thanks, I will check the file tonight. Since the car started I am hoping I got lucky, if the injector constants were way off maybe it wouldnt of even started?
Old 06-06-2013, 08:19 AM
12 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

You should be fine. My car uses the $EEB and the first couple of changes I made were using $EE and I've had no issues. I think the issue is if you change something that's different between them, such as injector size.

Quick Reply: Tuner cat $EE and $EEB questions