Generation IV Internal Engine 2005-2014 LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | LS9

HS rockers...didn't have to grind anything? Does that sound normal?

Old 06-06-2013, 06:05 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HS rockers...didn't have to grind anything? Does that sound normal?

Anyone else install Harland Sharp 1.7 non adjustable shaft rockers and NOT have to grind? I keep hearing and reading about having to grind a head or a rocker, or valve covers ect? Mine don't hit the covers at all...rear rocker on the drivers side, and passenger side front are pretty close to the curves of the heads sometimes depending on height but they don't hit at all. I ran the car and no problems, at least none when cold. Hope I'm not missing anything because I haven't been able to get it hot yet. (installed a bunch of goodies, one being a 102 tb which won't even let the car idle). Going in for a re tune tomorrow. In order to idle it again I'd have to swap my stock injectors and 90mm tb back on. Car is an LS2 GTO and has a .610 lift cam in it. 243 heads and center bolt covers ect. I didn't need to shim any rockers fyi. Just want to know if anyone else has bolted these on and rolled like they are advertised?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: HS rockers...didn't have to grind anything? Does that sound normal?