LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

tunercat winflash issue

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2013, 07:46 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default tunercat winflash issue

I'm having trouble downloading winflash from tunercats. the download works, then i click on it to install. It goes threw its routine and i hit finish. I go to open it in the start menu. Under C.A.T.S it only gives me the option to uninstall. ive tried to do install this like 10 times but its not working.

side note, had trouble when i tried to download this on a friends computer a while back i had trouble but got it to work after trying a couple times.
Old 06-07-2013, 06:31 AM
On The Tree

If you have anything newer than like windows 98 your gonna have some issues.you gotta save the download and run it as administrator with xp and vista and newer.. theres a thread on one of these sites that explains it better i had a hell of a time and i got it to work.
Old 06-07-2013, 06:38 AM
On The Tree

when you click download it will ask "save" or "run" click save find out where it saved then right click the winflash and go to properties,then click "compatibility" find the box that says "run this in compatibility mode for" check the box and change in to windows 98. hope this helps
Old 06-10-2013, 04:40 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Z28harcor
when you click download it will ask "save" or "run" click save find out where it saved then right click the winflash and go to properties,then click "compatibility" find the box that says "run this in compatibility mode for" check the box and change in to windows 98. hope this helps
yea i thought about doing this right after i posted this, low and behold it worked lol. i ran it in windows xp tho

Quick Reply: tunercat winflash issue