Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

installing new speakers any tips?

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2013, 01:02 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default installing new speakers any tips?

is there anything i need to know before changing out speakers? bought them from a member on here. just switching out stock blown speakers for stock new ones. so wiring shouldnt be any different. do i need to disconnect the battery from the car or is the car being off good enough? I have not done any audio in cars previously. just wondering if there is anything i should know before going about changing these out.
Old 06-08-2013, 12:14 AM
TECH Addict

stock for stock, as long as both where monsoon or both where not monsoon then they are straight swaps going monsoon to non-monsoon or vice versa there is wiring and ohm load differences so you would have issues there.

as for the battery, officially is is recommended but personally I never do, but then again I'm the guy that when replacing an alternator, I pull the cable that runs to the battery and just wrap the end with electrical tape instead of disconnecting the battery. honestly the whole disconnect the battery is so over used in the service manuals its not even funny.
Old 06-08-2013, 08:16 AM
TECH Enthusiast

OK thanks!
Old 06-08-2013, 08:29 AM
On The Tree

Just make sure you hook the wires up on the new speakers the same way they were on the old ones. You might want to use some loctite on the mounting screws.

Here is a couple of links for removing the door panels if you have not done it before.

http://www.myls1.com/myls1-com-install-guides/2470.htm

http://www.xious.com/camaro/install-panel.html

Todd

Quick Reply: installing new speakers any tips?