Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

New clutch/flywheel - drag and hard shifting issues

Old 06-07-2013, 02:01 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New clutch/flywheel - drag and hard shifting issues

2004 V with a new clutch, pressure plate, slave and single mass flywheel. Everything is in right, torqued to spec, slave/TOB-PP spacing is perfect, everything is bled, pedal feels great but the clutch is still dragging (won't completely disengage). Up on jack stands, the wheels spin in gear with the clutch pedal depressed. Can access 1-6 fairly easily but can't get reverse because I can feel the shaft just spinning even though the pedal is to the floor.

Has anyone else had the same issues? Talked to Tick and they suggested the master isn't pushing enough fluid to get full clutch release. I did a check of the master from inside the car and it moves smooth and no leaks (haven't inspected from the engine bay though). As far as I am aware, an aftermarket master isn't available for the V and I don't want to replace the current master with another OE master just to have the same result (i.e., if nothing is wrong with the current master).

Any ideas? Suggestions on a way to test the current master? Hopefully someone else has experienced something similar beyond the regular spacing issues.
Old 06-07-2013, 02:11 PM
TECH Resident

Im having this same issue... i bled my clutch yesterday, and have all the air out.. did it several extra times just to be sure... clutch is still dragging.. I can hear when its finally disengaged all the way, and then i can put into gear without grinding.. takes about 4 seconds after pedal is pushed down.. dunno if its the master, or if i need to shim... looking for answers...
Old 06-07-2013, 02:28 PM
10 Second Club

Sounds like you have a delay in the fluid getting to the slave? Maybe the master drill mod will help?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: New clutch/flywheel - drag and hard shifting issues