New LS1 Owners - Newbie Tech Basic Technical Questions & Advice
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rookie Racer needs help

Old 06-07-2013, 11:21 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Rookie Racer needs help

This weekend I race my LS1 T/A for the first time since I got my street radials and SLP air lid, and I have to admit I'm a little disappointed that it only ran 13.22. My time are all .2 slower in the quarter mile than when I last raced. I have a 60ft time of .2500 about every time and I've been told that's whats killing me overall. In the races I've won I normally start out behind and pull ahead latter on. I'm wondering if I'm doing something wrong or if there a technical solution to my problem/
Old 06-09-2013, 05:37 AM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

U said street radials, do u mean drag radials? 13.22 is a decent time for light mods. I just ran mine last month, similar setup 13.64 was my best. Im no pro tho.
Old 06-09-2013, 07:06 AM
TECH Fanatic

You will have to give more information, automatic or stick. Do you have a line lock? If its a stick, then they are hard to launch. A line lock works well to get temperatures up so the tires hook. Then it is a matter of what rpm to launch at. A shift light is really helpful so you can concentrate on driving and not trying to look at the tach.
Old 06-09-2013, 09:22 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Orange Juice
You will have to give more information, automatic or stick. Do you have a line lock? If its a stick, then they are hard to launch. A line lock works well to get temperatures up so the tires hook. Then it is a matter of what rpm to launch at. A shift light is really helpful so you can concentrate on driving and not trying to look at the tach.
I've got a 4A transmission that's been beefed up a bit and M/T drag radials. I'm just not sure what to do with my launches. I normally brake torque it at 1000rmp, but my times don't change when I do nothing at all. Every single car I race always gets the jump on me, even when I win, I just feel that I'm doing something wrong.
Old 06-09-2013, 06:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

I would ask in the Drag Race section, not familiar with the auto.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Rookie Racer needs help