PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Any Harley Power Vision Tuners out there?

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2013, 08:07 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Any Harley Power Vision Tuners out there?

Hey, I've been playing with a DynaJet Power Vision tuner on my 2011 Harley FatBoy for over a year now and love it. My project now is a 2003 Porsche 911 LS3 conversion. I'm looking at purchasing a HP or EFI live tuner. I'm in the Shreveport Louisiana area and don't think there is any tuners in this local area and I like to do/learn things myself. I'm totally lost when comparing the two. Which one of these is closer to the Power Vision format? Will these do a Auto Tune? Any thoughts or suggestions?

Thanks
Michael
Old 06-08-2013, 08:59 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Both have demo software and forums. You can search for past
flame fests on which one is better.
Old 06-08-2013, 10:37 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by sreve
Both have demo software and forums. You can search for past
flame fests on which one is better.
Which one is better is not the question. I'm asking which one operates kind of like the Dyna Jet Power Vision system for THOSE that are familiar with THAT system. I've looked at the demos and didn't really find a step by step self tune, none dyno scenario. The power Vision Bike tuner does not require a dyno and tunes the bike the way YOU ride.

Thanks Michael
Old 06-08-2013, 11:26 PM
DMM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

You'd honestly probably be better off with MegaSquirt than run the OE PCM and HP Tuners or EFI Live. With either HP or EFI, you have to know what everything does to obtain the desired outcome, which takes a lot of time. You also have to design your own PIDS to log the actual data you're trying to get.

Honestly, neither is easy. EFI Live does more, and HP has a more user friendly interface. I don't know about EFI Live, but the HP forums are pretty worthless. Neither would be worth the $$$ or learning curve for what you are trying to do.

I do not believe there is a system that is what you are describing for LS motors, except maybe the newer MSD or Edelbrock systems.
Old 06-10-2013, 05:26 AM
TECH Apprentice

Megasquirt, Hadn't heard of this one till you mentioned it. Looks promising, I'll have to do more research. Thanks Much.

Quick Reply: Any Harley Power Vision Tuners out there?