Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LSX newb

Old 06-08-2013, 10:07 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LSX newb

Well, I've been reading a lot and I've decided to get back into FBodies. I had a 97 LT1 and got rid of it but that was a long, long time ago! I dont have a cadaver yet but I have been looking at them on eBay and Craigslist quite a bit. I'm in the military and I'll be headed to Guam here in the next month or so but I will purchase the car and leave it at my FIL shop down in FLA. I'll be ordering parts while I'm gone and while I'm on leave I'll have them to keep me busy along with slaying SWFla hogs! LOL! At any rate, I kind of have an idea of what I want to do with the car, times I'd like to run and horsepower numbers! Here's the list:
- 99-02 Z28
- I'd like to be able to run mid to low 11's NA and then throw a 150shot @ it, so maybe to start 425-440whp??
- keep the a/c and be able to drive it where I want
I guess that's it lol! I had a semi parts list in my head and it's something like this:
- TFS 215s
- Tick cam
- FAST 92/92
- headers and exhaust
- 3.xx/4.11 gear
That's kind of all I have right now lol! I just thought I'd throw it out here now to see what you guys have to say and pick the brains of the pros out here. BTW this is an amazing site with tons of information! Any thoughts or insight would be greatly appreciated! Thanks, Clint
Old 06-08-2013, 10:10 AM
On The Tree

Yes those are some great ideas, Also Cold air intake or SLP lid, underdrive pulley and when ou get the mods done then a nice tune and BAM! its street time !

Thanks for serving!
Old 06-08-2013, 10:12 AM
10 Second Club

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

Sounds like you want the kind of mods in my sig. Most people shoot for the #s your looking for.
Old 06-08-2013, 02:56 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by senicalj4579
Sounds like you want the kind of mods in my sig. Most people shoot for the #s your looking for.
That is exactly the type of numbers I'm looking for! That 11.1 that you ran, was that full weight?
Old 06-09-2013, 01:32 AM
FormerVendor

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

Very good list of mods, and you should have no trouble hitting the times you're after. You may even find yourself with a little more power than you've listed as well. It's good to shoot low though and anything extra be a nice surprise.
Old 06-09-2013, 06:49 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Martin@Tick
Very good list of mods, and you should have no trouble hitting the times you're after. You may even find yourself with a little more power than you've listed as well. It's good to shoot low though and anything extra be a nice surprise.
Thanks Martin. Just out of curiosity I was looking at your SNS Tourquemax stage 2 cams. Are those pretty streetable?
Old 06-09-2013, 05:43 PM
FormerVendor

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

Yes, they are very streetable with a competent tuner. Many of our customers are driving these cams in their daily drivers.
Old 06-09-2013, 06:05 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Martin@Tick
Yes, they are very streetable with a competent tuner. Many of our customers are driving these cams in their daily drivers.
im going to IM you on here to get some recommendations

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: LSX newb