Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

Bringing the steering wheel closer

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2013, 08:03 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Bringing the steering wheel closer

I know I have seen somebody mention how they brought the wheel closer with some sort of different hub or spacer. I don't know where I saw it posted though. Any help here? With my new seat setup, I really like the distance from the pedals I'm working with since I don't have to brace myself with my legs anymore. Plus, with the lower seating position, my legs are more straight than bent. That said, I would prefer the wheel a bit closer to me. I generally go by the 'wrist breaking over the top of the wheel' rule. Not quite there currently.

Anyway, thanks for any help here. I'd like to get the wheel recovered at the same time.
Old 06-10-2013, 04:48 PM
TECH Apprentice

If you replace the upper shaft with a C5 version, you should be able to incorporate some hubs from various different co.'s (momo,sparco, etc) although that also depends if you are going with an aftermarket wheel.
Otherwise, disregard...
Old 06-10-2013, 09:04 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Ah yeah. I think it might have been a post you made about your build where I saw this before. I'd like to keep the steering wheel control functionality for now though, so I might just have to manage with what I have.

Quick Reply: Bringing the steering wheel closer