Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

tranny lines

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2013, 09:06 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default tranny lines

the 4l60 I put in my chevelle is close to tunnel and prevents me from running stock Silverado lines I need like a 90 degree to go into tranny then adapt to something. what something is I don't know I need ideas. will rubber hose work or is there too much pressure just figured something flexable would be easy to work with im not the best at bending metal line! what do they call the end of the line flare where it snaps into tranny? where would I look for these pieces at? and how much is the cost?
Old 06-09-2013, 09:42 PM
On The Tree

I used rubber line for my tranny, napa sells transmission rated hose. The fittings for the tranny were easy to find (I removed the adapter the hard lines screw into), but the ones to connect to the radiator were hard to find with a hose barb. I think I used 10' of 3/8 or 5/16 line. It was around $60 total
Old 06-09-2013, 09:58 PM
TECH Resident

Get some transmission cooler hose. Regular rubber hose will swell if you use it for oil.

For metal, look into the nickel-copper stuff. They make it in 3/8" and its very easy to work with. It doesn't cost much more than the regular steel, either.

Quick Reply: tranny lines