Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Paxton gt vs 430awhp EVO

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2013, 10:14 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Paxton gt vs 430awhp EVO

after going to a huge subie meet in Connecticut, there was a local meetup, mostly vw's and rice moniez, couple cool cars showed up though including a gutted/roll cage/ built evo. as we were about to leave I begged my brother to ask the EVO owner to a few pulls (didnt take much lol) and of course he said yes. I thought we were in for a serious beating but the good ol' 2v held strong . editing vid now give me 10 minutes!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qFvUg...ature=youtu.be

Last edited by barnz01gt; 06-09-2013 at 10:39 PM.
Old 06-10-2013, 07:41 PM
Staging Lane

good runs , quick evo for sure
Old 06-10-2013, 10:20 PM
TECH Apprentice

Nice runs. Car seems like it's running good! Seemed like once the evo started to come into boost in that last gear and pull, he was letting off lol. Those cars usually pull harder in the upper gears because the lower ones are just too damn short with that close ratio tranny! AWD is definitely not the best choice from a roll haha.
Old 06-11-2013, 12:07 AM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good runs for sure and honorable death. What do you make to the wheels \ trap in the 1/4?
Old 06-11-2013, 08:27 AM
TECH Fanatic

good runs! i want a peice of that evo lol. we gotta get a meet together soon.
Old 06-11-2013, 10:30 AM
Teching In

thanks guys, we shut down when some cars started coming up in front of us, when the evo hit boost it pulled wicked hard we were pretty impressed, odthetruth this is my brothers car it makes around 400whp it was street tuned so we really don't know, he hasn't taken it to the track but im sure it would run mid/low 12s without any trouble id say.

nightmare he would DESTROY us from a dig haha he had launch control and all that jazz

punishment were pretty much always down to meet up and do pulls haha, I'm still waiting on MY car to be done so I can partake too instead of just watching!
Old 06-16-2013, 09:15 AM

Originally Posted by odthetruth
Good runs for sure and honorable death. What do you make to the wheels \ trap in the 1/4?
Like said it was street tuned. I'd guess like 390-410rwhp not really sure tho. I've never tracked it so this is all bench racer talk. But I'd like yo think with some practice I could break into 11's. The car would def. Trap high enough to be there. I've done some weight reduction which def. Helped. Have a lot more coming and some nice mods getting ready to go on. Just need the time
Old 06-16-2013, 09:16 AM

Originally Posted by punishmentcycle
good runs! i want a peice of that evo lol. we gotta get a meet together soon.
I want a rematch! Poor showing in my part last time lol
Old 06-16-2013, 09:18 AM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Looks like he was toying with you pretty bad.

That car is easily capable of 11s.
Old 06-16-2013, 10:18 AM

Originally Posted by adamantium
Looks like he was toying with you pretty bad.

That car is easily capable of 11s.
He def. Wasn't toying. Talked to him a lot afterwards about it. He's at 100% duty cycle at 7800rpm so that's where he was shifting. His setup will rev to 9k with the right fuel setup. Fully built engine. FP black turbo.
Old 06-16-2013, 10:48 AM
Banned

2nd run where he pulled you pretty good.

You hit it then he hit it, he slowly got into boost and pulled you a couple cars.

The way the car sounds like he was taking it easy aswell or falling in and out of boost between shifts and slowly going back into boost is evidence to that.

Yeah that car is def held back bad.

Last edited by adamantium; 06-16-2013 at 11:09 AM.
Old 06-16-2013, 11:05 AM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Man, that Evo looks peaky as hell. Poor showing on his part, I'd say, but way to hang in there. He was crankin when he was actually in his power band.
Old 06-16-2013, 11:14 AM

2nd run where he pulled you pretty good.

You hit it then he hit it, he slowly got into boost and pulled you a couple cars.

The way the car sounds like he was taking it easy aswell or falling in and out of boost between shifts and slowly going back into boost is evidence to that.

Yeah that car is def held back bad.
2nd pull was shotty. He quick beeped before I had time yo downshift. My auto is a dog if I don't manually shift it. That being said he is going for a retune with injectors, pump and e85 in august. Hoping to make 650awhp. He was running 30psi in the vids. Not sure if he was running off waste gate or not. This is his 3rd engine and 2nd tranny.

His car was def. Faster not arguing that point at all. We just make power cometely different. I slowly build power until redline. He drops in and out
Old 06-16-2013, 11:53 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by barnzy07
2nd pull was shotty. He quick beeped before I had time yo downshift. My auto is a dog if I don't manually shift it. That being said he is going for a retune with injectors, pump and e85 in august. Hoping to make 650awhp. He was running 30psi in the vids. Not sure if he was running off waste gate or not. This is his 3rd engine and 2nd tranny.

His car was def. Faster not arguing that point at all. We just make power cometely different. I slowly build power until redline. He drops in and out
30psi was def not on wastegate, are you sure its 30psi though? Cause 30psi with that turbo should be in the 5xx-6xxwhp range. His car running properly would not fall in and out of boost. Idk what to say, his car was basically running terrible, most likely worse then a regular stock longblock/turbo bolt on setup.

Last edited by adamantium; 06-16-2013 at 12:01 PM.
Old 06-16-2013, 01:29 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by barnzy07
He def. Wasn't toying. Talked to him a lot afterwards about it. He's at 100% duty cycle at 7800rpm so that's where he was shifting. His setup will rev to 9k with the right fuel setup. Fully built engine. FP black turbo.
nothing smarter than having a built motor/big turbo and neglecting fuel..

see it far to often, its a sad story.
Old 06-16-2013, 07:10 PM

30psi was def not on wastegate, are you sure its 30psi though? Cause 30psi with that turbo should be in the 5xx-6xxwhp range. His car running properly would not fall in and out of boost. Idk what to say, his car was basically running terrible, most likely worse then a regular stock longblock/turbo bolt on setup.
That's what he said. He said he was running 30psi and was getting retuned to 50psi with e85. I know nothing about tuners so I have no idea what sounds right and what doesn't. But you would think after 3 engine builds that's fuel word have been addressed. This was just a friendly pull. I had nothing to lose or to prove I actually thought I was going to get smoked. He's the one who borough up the fact how close it was and that we were even. My first words to him was that he pulled me pretty good on a few runs
Old 06-16-2013, 07:11 PM

Originally Posted by Camper
nothing smarter than having a built motor/big turbo and neglecting fuel..

see it far to often, its a sad story.
Isn't it funny how fuel and suspension are always the 2 things neglected
Old 06-16-2013, 09:05 PM
TECH Regular

Good runs OP. Seems likes most Paxton GT's I've seen footage of have been slow. Yours looks pretty quick though. You should be in the 11's easy with suspension/tires.

Quick Reply: Paxton gt vs 430awhp EVO