Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

88mustang BP Automotive ls wiring harness install

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2013, 12:59 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default 88mustang BP Automotive ls wiring harness install

I purchased a BP automotive ls swap harness for my 88 coupe. I opted for the optional fuse block with fuel pump/fan relays.

Here is the fuse box and all the wiring. Everything is labeled and nicely packaged. You can feel a difference in quality over my previous harness. Everything uses factory GM color codes and instructions are included.
Next I laid the harness out to see exactly how much extra I had to work with. Bill can custom build it to your specs.

Since my car is turbo charged and speed density tuned I had a few connectors lengthened.

I mounted my fuse block in the factor ECU location. I used a few sheet metal screws to secure it. Then I drilled a hole in the fire wall to route my power, fan and starter relay trigger wire. I connected the Red 8g wire to the starter/battery cable lug. I grounded the fuse block to a factory ground used by the old ford computer. (Dont forget a grommet)

Next I ran the wire for my fuel pump. I removed the door sil and ran it under the carpet to the back of the car. I am running an A1000 so I ran his wire all the way to the trunk. If using the stock pump and wiring connect it under the seat at the fuel pump relay. I believe its a green wire that I tapped into on my 91 4.8L coupe.

Next, I connected the fuse block to a keys 12v source coming off the factory ignition switch. I used a yellow/black wire under the column. I also used a grey/yellow wire to trigger the GM starter relay.

ADD PIC LATER

Notice how much extra wire you get with the OBD2 port. You can mount this thing anywhere you want. The quality of this harness is awesome

I mounted mine on the side of the console. It looks like my dash and console came from an ex police car because I have holes all over the place.

I started connecting sensors and laying the engine harness out before feeding it threw a hole I drilled in the firewall. Bill provides a high quality delphi grommet to seal things up. This pic has my old grommet in it. I threw this thing in the trash. It was not worth the 30.00 I paid for it from Jegs. The harness in the pic is NOT a BP Automotive harness. That is a SSP harness and is now in the trash!

I decided I had plenty of wiring to put the LS ecu under my passenger seat. I used a universal computer bracket I bought from speed inc and ran the connectors under the carpet along the door sil.

Here is my finished product. So far I have about 250 miles on it. Sorry for the cell phone pics. I had better pics on my buddy's camera but it was stolen out of his hotel room. Any question shoot me a PM or if you want to see pic I missed let me know.

Matt
Old 06-10-2013, 03:10 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

VERY Nice engine bay! Its a privilege to have my product in there!!

Would you care if I put up a picture on my site?

Standalone LS Swap Harnesses IN STOCK!
LSX, LTX Stand alone swap harnesses. S10 LSX conversion PLUG AND PLAY harnesses, 24x conversion PLUG AND PLAY harnesses. LT1 to LSX PLUG AND PLAY Harnesses.
sales@bp-automotive.com
www.bp-automotive.com
1-888-467-4491
Old 06-10-2013, 03:45 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Use any pic's you like Bill. Thank you for a quality harness!!
Old 06-10-2013, 03:48 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BP Automotive
VERY Nice engine bay! Its a privilege to have my product in there!!

Would you care if I put up a picture on my site?
+1. That appears tho be show quality.
Old 06-10-2013, 03:49 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 1bad03snake
Use any pic's you like Bill. Thank you for a quality harness!!
What turbo setup are you using?
Old 06-10-2013, 04:19 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Its a 302 based on3 kit. I swapped the flanges and the turbo is a tc78
Old 06-10-2013, 04:49 PM
On The Tree

Great write up...no matter how many times I request pics like that from other builds they never happen. Super clean engine bay!
Old 06-10-2013, 05:22 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 1bad03snake
Its a 302 based on3 kit. I swapped the flanges and the turbo is a tc78
So a on3 kit and just buy ls series manifolds? I know a guy selling a 302 kit and I was wondering if I could make it work with a simple manifold swap.
Old 06-10-2013, 08:30 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Yup. Buy the on3 kit. Look on eBay for mild steel ls1 flanges. I used a ports band to cut it. Add 1/2" to the cross over and your in business. You'll need a straight water neck and plugs for the heater lines off the water pump
Old 06-10-2013, 08:31 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by TopNotchLSX
Great write up...no matter how many times I request pics like that from other builds they never happen. Super clean engine bay!

Thank you sir! If you need any other pics from my swap let me know

Quick Reply: 88mustang BP Automotive ls wiring harness install