Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ebay Longtubes/ TSP Ory..Details inside for anyone looking to buy

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2013, 10:09 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Arrow Ebay Longtubes/ TSP Ory..Details inside for anyone looking to buy

Hey guys well a about a week ago i decided to pull the trigger on the "Ebay" longtubes and Tsp Ory.. Yesterday i received my stuff in the mail. Starting with the TSP Ory... AS expected everything was packaged nice and wrapped very well. The quality of the Ory is GREAT! Very pleased with the craftsmanship that was put into this Ory and suprised at the cost honestly.

Shipping: Next is the "Ebay" stainless long tube headers.Scowering through post's on here and googling my as$ off i really didnt find a certain dealer to get the headers from so i went by feedback. DNAmotoring seemed to have the best feedback score i could find (99.2%) So I pulled the trigger on there Stainless 1 3/4 longtubes for 189.00 shipped to my door. They were delivered yesterday in a box that look like someone was playing practical joke on me with the tape. lol Litterally like half a roll of clear masking tape around and around, yet the box was junk. Super thin, had holes and looked like someone kicked it from california to fl. Not gonna lie i was nervous about opening it. Opened it up to see the headers in plastic but no bubble wrap or anything seperating them from banging eachother all around.

Quality: Visual inspection showed a well built tig welded stainless header. Unfortuantly due to the $hitty boxing my driver side collecter on the bottom is about flat from getting banged up while shipping. I pulled out the Mic and checked all primarys to be right on at 1.75 which defiantly made me happy. One thing that annoys me is the fact in the pic the O2 bungs are on the inside well mine are not. Pretty sure now im going to need O2 extensions right? anyways I looked in the collectors to see that they were all welded together with only one primary that seems to be a few mm longer than the others. For 189.00 shipped i wasnt looking to find a fire cone like a set of kooks lol. Another thing is that i only recieved ONE headers gasket lol. I didnt plan on using them anyways, but still the fact only one was shipped is stupid. Ill keep you guys posted on how they install once i get a chance to get them in.

MORAL of the story, for 189.00 i still feel like i got a good deal and the TSP Ory is HELL of a deal. Just to clarify though prior to buying the headers i messaged DNAmotoring and asked them to please send me the true 1 3/4 headers or I would be returning them for a FULL refund, atleast they lived up thier end of the deal. I would suggest anyone else ordering them do the same!
Old 06-11-2013, 11:02 AM
It's not mine! woo hoo!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Serioussn95
I pulled out the Mic and checked all primarys to be right on at 1.75 which defiantly made me happy.
Where did you measure at?
Old 06-11-2013, 11:56 AM
Launching!

od on all tubes and inner on the flange. there is a slight expansion but nothing crazy. Correct me if im wrong but the header tube OD should be a hair over 1.75 no matter where i measure it right?
Old 06-11-2013, 02:50 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for the write up. Now we would like to see a write up after you install them
Old 06-11-2013, 03:27 PM
Launching!

will do lt1pwr1. Most likley in about a week or two they should be in and finished. Hopefully the install goes smooth, trying to stay optimistic lol
Old 06-11-2013, 10:49 PM
On The Tree

od on all tubes and inner on the flange. there is a slight expansion but nothing crazy. Correct me if im wrong but the header tube OD should be a hair over 1.75 no matter where i measure it right?
Nope! Read this...https://ls1tech.com/forums/generatio...primaries.html
Old 06-12-2013, 12:30 PM
Launching!

^^ nope, already read it and they measured out at 1.75 primary OD
Old 06-12-2013, 02:05 PM
Launching!

Haha I did the same thing last week. I got my TSP ory, gaskets 02 extensions from Texas Speed and new bolts from ebay yesterday and am still waiting on the headers.

Like you I am hoping the pic holds true to the bungs being on the inside. I think before install I'm gonna pic up some MSD wires and possibly a muffler to go in place of the LM1...although i am curious how it sounds with just the LM. Videos on the net aren't the best representation of sound. Who knows I might like it lol
Old 06-13-2013, 09:10 AM
Teching In

I just bought the exact same ones 2 days ago!

I post some pics up when they come
Old 06-13-2013, 09:21 AM
It's not mine! woo hoo!

^^ nope, already read it and they measured out at 1.75 primary OD
Would love to see a picture measuring the primary with a caliper to verify.

Originally Posted by 98formyNBM
I just bought the exact same ones 2 days ago!

I post some pics up when they come
Please post your measurements to the thread referenced a few posts above

You guys saying they're measuring fine, I'd love to verify this with a caliper and picture so I can add it to the thread. Otherwise, it's just hearsay.
Old 06-13-2013, 08:15 PM
Staging Lane

Any pics?
Old 06-14-2013, 09:22 AM
Launching!

Well, I got my headers yesterday. First off, the quality of the welds and bends are very good for the price and I am over all happy with them. BUT, whoever packed them needs kicked in the nuts. All that was keeping them from banging around during shipping was 2 little cardboard boxes taped to the collector ends of the headers...that's it! No bubble wrap, no popcorn...not even a **** ton of tape holing them together.

One of the ends was flattend about a third of the way around and as a result, was seriously out of round. I did get it pounded back out and got it good enough to where it fit in the TSP ypipe.

I sent the guy a message telling him that thinking the "packing" he used would in no way be enough to take the beating UPS gives packages.
Old 06-14-2013, 09:42 AM
It's not mine! woo hoo!

Mine arrived the same way; however, only one collector had a very slight bump so I never made a fuss about it. Welds are great, too, but the primary size is the issue. Definitely measure yours with a caliper and let us know in the eBay header thread (we've had two confirmations of DNA Motoring being 1-5/8" -- no one has provided empirical evidence otherwise... yet).

Quick Reply: Ebay Longtubes/ TSP Ory..Details inside for anyone looking to buy