Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Heat shield for fender exit exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2013, 11:52 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Heat shield for fender exit exhaust

I bought a hotside kit from a member here and has fender exit exhaust. I was wondering where I can locate the heat shields that are riveted on to protect the fender?
Old 06-13-2013, 01:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

made mine from side of a stainless grill lol. Used the stainless sheet metal from that.

After Paint
Old 06-13-2013, 05:51 PM
TECH Enthusiast

nice man, props for all the work you put into that also! Where did u get your s475 from and how do you like it? The kit i bought was based with the intents of using that exact turbo but works for any t6 flanged turbo.

Heres the hot side kit i bought and it shows the fender exit exhaust and heat shield. This is more of what im looking for.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/parts-cla...side-only.html
Old 06-13-2013, 08:15 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by miller456
nice man, props for all the work you put into that also! Where did u get your s475 from and how do you like it? The kit i bought was based with the intents of using that exact turbo but works for any t6 flanged turbo.

Heres the hot side kit i bought and it shows the fender exit exhaust and heat shield. This is more of what im looking for.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/parts-cla...side-only.html
The kit looks like its put together well. Just fitting the monster Borg is always an issue. I love mine. Even though only 8 psi right now it performs awesome to be a 650 dollar turbo. And good your waste gate is big also. Mine is a jgs 50mm. They told me I would need at least that to accurately control boost as I desired. Plan on going to 14 psi by fall though. According to friend Doug on here these turbos come alive on higher levels of boost. Be picked up 12mph trap speed going from 10 psi to 15. Borg the most affordable turbo option in my opinion that's reliable.
Old 06-13-2013, 09:32 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by mrstepheneades
The kit looks like its put together well. Just fitting the monster Borg is always an issue. I love mine. Even though only 8 psi right now it performs awesome to be a 650 dollar turbo. And good your waste gate is big also. Mine is a jgs 50mm. They told me I would need at least that to accurately control boost as I desired. Plan on going to 14 psi by fall though. According to friend Doug on here these turbos come alive on higher levels of boost. Be picked up 12mph trap speed going from 10 psi to 15. Borg the most affordable turbo option in my opinion that's reliable.
Where did you get your turbo from?
Old 06-17-2013, 07:39 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by miller456
Where did you get your turbo from?
Forcedinductions.com

Quick Reply: Heat shield for fender exit exhaust