What is it Worth? Use this forum to get feedback on vehicle prices - for selling or buying

2002 ws6 som t/a

Old 06-16-2013, 07:53 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2002 ws6 som t/a

2002 t/a ws6 t-tops SOM paint with 2 tone camel/black leather int. 15,050 miles, untouched, garage kept, never been in rain, 1 owner. other than the door panel cracks car is perfect. car not officially on the market yet what is something like this in today's market.
Old 06-16-2013, 08:04 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by sskwb
2002 t/a ws6 t-tops SOM paint with 2 tone camel/black leather int. 15,050 miles, untouched, garage kept, never been in rain, 1 owner. other than the door panel cracks car is perfect. car not officially on the market yet what is something like this in today's market.
17-19 depending on how long u want to wait
Old 06-16-2013, 08:41 PM
Teching In

The big question to many will be whether its an auto or a manual. Either way SOM is a very desirable color. A 19K 6 Speed 02 WS6 just had a top bid of $15600 on ebay recently but didn't meet the reserve (with good cause IMHO). But don't let that fool you very few people are willing to commit to a car financially that theyve never even seen in person. I say this is at MINIMUM a $17.5k car and if it were me selling it $18.5k would be my bottom dollar. The only drawbacks are the door panel cracks. My 20k mile 02 WS6 doesn't have any and from what I understand the issue is caused from slamming the doors more than heat. But the SOM paint factor may more than make up for this defect to many people. Glws!
Old 06-17-2013, 07:59 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 436 Likes on 315 Posts

Agree with 18wheelsofsteel in most regards. A one owner in SOM is at the top of the list. The panel cracks are unfortunate on such a low mileage car and might negate a few 'lookers'. I'm asking myself right now, if I was in the market, would I be interested in your car? I feel that I would be but the price would have to reflect the cost for replacement panels (if they even exist anymore). The last I read was a price range over $500 each! I'm still keeping my fingers crossed on my T/A with 34k miles.
If it was my car being sold I would not want to lay out the money for replacement panels and would sell the car for a price in the high teens. Perhaps start at an asking price of $18,750 - $19,000 and work down from there depending on the frequency of calls. With those incredibly low miles I would imagine some interested buyers. I would then accept a serious offer of $17,000 personally, but not entertain any offers less than $15,000. No way, but patience may be needed. Of course that would be up to you. www.kbb.com will most likely also be in this price range (private party) in your zip code. Buyers always look to make sure the pricing is right and you should be fine. If the panels were perfect I would be about $1,000 - $1,500 higher in almost all aspects (the cracked panels nullify the premiums of low mileage). Really the same price as doing the job yourself and basically a 'wash,' but there would be no reluctant buyers either. If the time comes to sell, best of luck!!

Last edited by NC01TA; 06-17-2013 at 08:08 AM. Reason: Added info
Old 06-17-2013, 09:39 AM
Teching In

Red face

Originally Posted by NC01TA
Agree with 18wheelsofsteel in most regards. A one owner in SOM is at the top of the list. The panel cracks are unfortunate on such a low mileage car and might negate a few 'lookers'. I'm asking myself right now, if I was in the market, would I be interested in your car? I feel that I would be but the price would have to reflect the cost for replacement panels (if they even exist anymore). The last I read was a price range over $500 each! I'm still keeping my fingers crossed on my T/A with 34k miles.
If it was my car being sold I would not want to lay out the money for replacement panels and would sell the car for a price in the high teens. Perhaphis start at an asking price of $18,750 - $19,000 and work down from there depending on the frequency of calls. With those incredibly low miles I would imagine some interested buyers. I would then accept a serious offer of $17,000 personally, but not entertain any offers less than $15,000. No way, but patience may be needed. Of course that would be up to you. www.kbb.com will most likely also be in this price range (private party) in your zip code. Buyers always look to make sure the pricing is right and you should be fine. If the panels were perfect I would be about $1,000 - $1,500 higher in almost all aspects (the cracked panels nullify the premiums of low mileage). Really the same price as doing the job yourself and basically a 'wash,' but there would be no reluctant buyers either. If the time comes to sell, best of luck!!
This guy is pretty much spot on take his advice

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2002 ws6 som t/a