Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Chevy II LQ4/T56 Header help!

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2013, 01:31 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Chevy II LQ4/T56 Header help!

I have been around the world 3 times on the internet, and can't find a solid answer! I have a 67 Nova Wagon. I put a Checkered Racing front clip on it and a 6 liter LQ4/ T56 combo into it. I am stuck on exhaust, and need some shared experience. I really don't want to spend $600-800 on a set of headers. I tried truck manifolds, but the driver's side hits the frame rail, and can't really be modified to work. F-body headers require tube and collector mods. Has anybody found a set of block huggers, shorty, mid-length, that will work for under $400? I have decent enough fab skills, and could build my own, but time is killing me! I am getting close to run time, and every thing I have to fabricate takes away from the ultimate goal of firing it up! I wonder if Chevelle or S10 swap headers will fit with this clip? For anyone unfamiliar with it, the Checkered clip is similar to the CA Chassisworks clip.
Old 06-17-2013, 05:31 PM
TECH Addict

Received 112 Likes on 89 Posts

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=...hugger+headers

Chevy Small Block Camaro/Chevelle/Nova/El Camino "Shorty" Headers - Ceramic : Amazon.com : Automotive Chevy Small Block Camaro/Chevelle/Nova/El Camino "Shorty" Headers - Ceramic : Amazon.com : Automotive
Old 06-18-2013, 07:15 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The Amazon headers are SBC not LS. Did you actually purchase and install the ebay block hugger LS headers? The block huggers I tried were too close to the oil filter, and actually hit the starter terminal for the positive battery cable!
Old 06-19-2013, 10:06 AM
TECH Addict

Received 112 Likes on 89 Posts

Originally Posted by Wideglid80
The Amazon headers are SBC not LS. Did you actually purchase and install the ebay block hugger LS headers? The block huggers I tried were too close to the oil filter, and actually hit the starter terminal for the positive battery cable!
No i don't have a nova i was just showing you some i found . Sorry about the Amazon headers didn't realize they were smallblock headers.
Stainless works makes a set.

https://www.google.com/#q=67+nova+ls...w=1396&bih=703
Old 06-19-2013, 09:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 289 Likes on 216 Posts

I have a set of Sanderson 1 3/4" mid length that I had on my LS/4l60e heidt superide for sale. $250 plus shipping. Nickel plating included. PM me.

Quick Reply: Chevy II LQ4/T56 Header help!