Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Can anyone help ID these dual springs??

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2013, 10:42 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Can anyone help ID these dual springs??

Hey everyone. Im trying to sell my old valve springs, and have had quite a few bites. Problem is, I know nothing about them. I dont even know what brand they are.

I figured I would reach out and see if anyone can help me out with this. Here is what I know. I purchased a used motor from a member here. I have to check my receipts, but I think he ordered MTi heads back in early 2000's. Like 2002 maybe? The heads are noted as MTi Stage 2e heads. 862 castings, 2.02 intake, stock exhaust, port and polish and bowl work.

As far as I can tell, they are dual springs, with Titanium retainers. They have a flat coil spring in between the inner and outer main spring..I guess as a dampner? I can provide measurements of the coils if it helps anyone, but Ill post the dimensions of the retainer and locator since I have them. Just did a quick measure when trying to determine if BTR springs would work with them.

Any help would be appreciated! Ill double check the receipts tonight to get a better idea of date, or see if there's any more info.

I know its going to be kind of hard to help here...but I figured it doesnt hurt to ask.

Thanks!!

Justin

Quick Reply: Can anyone help ID these dual springs??