Sponsored by:

a few question about the lq4 for a swap

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2013, 09:42 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default a few question about the lq4 for a swap

hey all,

im new to the forums I have a 70 chevelle that I wiped the big block in and now im deciding to put an ls in my car, im going to pick up an 03 lq4 this week complete with harness so I have a few questions

. will the truck acces drive work in my car ? ( not running ac )

.im trying to make some good power with the stock engine so id like to take the stock heads and have them milled for a comp bump, then a cam but if I upgrade the cam and throw an ls6 intake on it what tb and injectors should I run for more fuel? maybe ls1 injectors and tb with a good tune?

thanks!
Old 06-23-2013, 07:35 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'd guess the truck accessories would work in ur case. With a cam and intake betting your going to be real close on injectors. Dont know if the 28.8 will cut it. Try and find some svo30s. Good luck on the build keep us updated.
Old 06-23-2013, 07:53 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Truck accessories will work, must change the PS pulley to clear gear box. Look at the threads for the parts and modifications to make the LS6 intake and rails work. You will need to swap the oil pan, as the truck pan will hang too far below the cross member. Look at the stickies for proven combinations, and remember many parts do not play well with others.
Old 06-23-2013, 04:02 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

thanks guys

old goat gotta question, I found a thread stating which mounts and headers you use, im sticking with the turbo 400 I have so I am buying the spacer im wondering if the trans crossmember need to be modified? also what are the part numbers on your dougs headers so I can buy the correct set. I have decided after searching around to just stick with the stock lq4 intake setup and just throw a cam and a tune in it

Quick Reply: a few question about the lq4 for a swap