What is it Worth? Use this forum to get feedback on vehicle prices - for selling or buying

01 ss ttop 6sp value?

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2013, 01:13 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 01 ss ttop 6sp value?

Found the car on craigslist, 2001 Camaro ss with 93k, 6sp, ttops, cloth interior. Car is black and has c6 zo6 rims, pacesetter lts, tsp x-pipe with bullets dumped, aftermarket clutch and flywheel, and 4.10s in the rear. Now the problems... guy says has "trouble" going into 6th gear and probly a syncro. Both rear quarters are banged up and finally it needs rear tires. Hes asking 5k obo. I was thinking if I can get it under 4k it shouldn't take more than 2500 to fix up and mabey make a profit on it. Thoughts and opinions?
Old 06-24-2013, 06:32 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Z7DcamaroSS
Found the car on craigslist, 2001 Camaro ss with 93k, 6sp, ttops, cloth interior. Car is black and has c6 zo6 rims, pacesetter lts, tsp x-pipe with bullets dumped, aftermarket clutch and flywheel, and 4.10s in the rear. Now the problems... guy says has "trouble" going into 6th gear and probly a syncro. Both rear quarters are banged up and finally it needs rear tires. Hes asking 5k obo. I was thinking if I can get it under 4k it shouldn't take more than 2500 to fix up and mabey make a profit on it. Thoughts and opinions?
I don't think you will make much-if any-profit by investing $6500 (or more) into a car that will be worth around $7000. If it were bone stock it would be worth more but the car sounds like its been beat up.
Old 06-24-2013, 06:49 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 442 Likes on 319 Posts

A profit?? On an abused CL car??? You better heed 18wheelsofsteel advice or you'll end up 'underwater'.
If you are interested in 'flipping' cars definitely read through a few pages of this section (at least) and see what real world sales and efforts to sell are all about. Not asking prices but actual sales and the difficulty in selling modded cars for decent money.

Quick Reply: 01 ss ttop 6sp value?