Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

need advice for first internal mods...

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2004, 08:11 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need advice for first cam swap...

hey guys, could you help me? First I need to know what a good mild cam would be? I don't want anything too aggressive, I have mac mid-length headers and ORY, connected to a Flowmaster catback w/EC. I want a cam that is going to work well with this setup. This is not a race car, just a fun car for me. I have done all the basic mods, with a d-s ported MAF.

Will the computer or other engine components need to be tuned in order to swap cams? how can this be accomplished? Can I use the stock valvesprings or should I get those replaced too? What about an LS6 or the FAST LSX intake manifold, would those make a difference later on if I did this swap?

please help me, I don't want to make a bad purchase!

Last edited by wbw2; 04-28-2004 at 06:28 AM.
Old 04-27-2004, 08:18 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just did a 224/224 .581.....I dont think its bad at all. very nice as a daily driver and def fun when you get on it. IMO I probably wouldnt go with much more aggression unless I didnt really care about anything except speed. ifThe motor does shake quite a bit more that it used to, but I like that. As for the computer I definatly had to get it reprogrammed. It was much smoother after I did. It is loud though. even for me. I have magnaflow bullet mufflers. A little drony inside, might be a little annoying on the freeway if I was going to drive for hours on end....but I dont so I like it!