Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Electric water pump

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2013, 04:11 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Electric water pump

I am looking for an electric water pump to go with my top end rebuild. I got on Texas speeds site and looked at what they have.
I saw a meziere street pump and it costs 750$. I was not wanting to spend that much but what do u guys recommend for an electric water pump. What do you guys use and what kind of results have u had? I want one that will perform and last. I want something reliable.

Thanks everyone
Old 06-24-2013, 04:14 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

IIRC... Street driving they need to be rebuilt every couple years. Don't quote me on that though.

Why do you want one? Stock pump works just fine.

Used they go for 300-400$ usually.
Old 06-24-2013, 04:58 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by lemons12
IIRC... Street driving they need to be rebuilt every couple years. Don't quote me on that though.

Why do you want one? Stock pump works just fine.

Used they go for 300-400$ usually.
It looks like the street use meziere is the best buy it comes with everything u need compared to the other pumps that need a bunch of other parts.

To answer your question, I'm redoing my top end and I want to finish my bolt ons as well. Electric water pump is spose to free up a decent amount of HP and im goin for as much as I can for this build
Old 06-24-2013, 12:14 PM
Staging Lane

The street pump is the way to on a street car that uses the stock belt.
WP319 is the part number.

Pump should be good for 3000hrs. I recommend a good system flush every year and use distilled water and a quality coolant. When you flush the system you need to use distilled water also. Are they as reliable a stock, NO they are not, it an electric motor. However if you take care of it you shouldn't have an issue. They are rebuildable and you can also buy a new front motor section if you need a spare.
Old 06-24-2013, 01:24 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Ya I think thats the one k m getting. Id like to see mu motor at its full potential. Hopefullly ill be seeing 480rwhp+ but we will see.

Quick Reply: Electric water pump