Pontiac GTO 2004-2006 The Modern Goat

TT 05 GTO Oil

Old 06-24-2013, 09:20 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TT 05 GTO Oil

I have a 2005 GTO with the UPP twin turbo kit. Car was tuned by Heintz racing and has been runing fine for 2+ months. Lately I have noticed a slight smoking coming from the drivers side of engine bay. Pop the hood and smoke is coming from down low (probably off the down pipe). I have checked the drivers side valve cover (removed, inspected, and reinstalled) and don't believe it to be the leaking area. I am not driving car until I get a weekend to get it lifted up to find problem. Besides the valve covers, what other usual culprits on the drivers side that could leak small amounts of oil onto turbo down pipes? PS smoke gets worse after you get car up into boost then slow down/stop. Car burns less than 1/2 qt of oil per 5K. Thanks!
Old 06-24-2013, 07:32 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Turbo burning oil possibly?

I dont know what turbos those kits use, but they could be cheap junk ones and could be taking a ****. Feed line maybe a bit loose? Scavenge pump not working?
Old 06-24-2013, 08:18 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Don't think its the turbo or supply/drain line as I would see smoke out of exhaust pipe as well. Smokes seems to be coming from oil on outside of down pipe around the bottom rear of the engine bay not from front top where the turbos are located.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: TT 05 GTO Oil