Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

No sound though speakers!

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2013, 12:26 AM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default No sound though speakers!

I just installed a new head unit and put a new harness in. All the wires were connected as they should be but when I went to turn on head unit there was no sound. I made sure everything was properly connected and all was fine. The head unit functions work fine just no sound/nothing. If anybody could help me out with this it would be awesome!
Old 06-25-2013, 06:47 AM
Ungrounded Moderator

Received 259 Likes on 223 Posts

Check the RADIO ACCY fuse (#4, 25-amp). Assuming you have a Monsoon system, that's the fuse that protects the amp.
Old 06-25-2013, 07:59 PM
On The Tree

Checked And Everything Is Fine. Its From The New Head Unit Amp From The Head Unit What Should I Do About This?
Old 06-26-2013, 06:52 AM
Ungrounded Moderator

Sorry, I don't quite get what you're asking ("new head unit amp from head unit")?

Let's start with the basics. You installed a new head unit with a wiring harness adapter and nothing else? What make/model head unit? Do you have a Monsoon system? Was it working before the new HU? Does it work again if you put the original HU back in?
Old 06-26-2013, 07:28 PM
On The Tree

Forget all that ha thanks though. One thing that I don't know about is the front door speakers. They're 2 ohm and the ones i'm putting in are 4 ohm. My question now is there's 2 pos and 2 neg wires that went to the stock speaker so should I just put 1pos and 1neg and 2 pos and 2 new on the new 4 ohm speaker?
Old 06-27-2013, 12:07 AM
Ungrounded Moderator

Installing 4-ohm speakers in place of the factory 2-ohm speakers WILL NOT cause a "no sound" condition so that is not the cause of your problem.

Please read the Monsoon FAQ sticky at the top of the section. The two pairs of wires in the doors are for two separate channels (tweeter and mid) from the Monsoon amp and MUST NOT be combined on a single speaker. Basically, you bought the wrong speakers for the car but they can be used by connecting only the mid's wires and taping up the tweeter wires. You give up half the power but it will work. Another option if you bought coaxial speakers is to modify them so the mid and tweeter are electrically separated and then connect the original wire pairs to the corresponding drivers.

Quick Reply: No sound though speakers!