Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

Tire size?

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2013, 09:44 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tire size?

I just bought a 02 formula and installed all the bolt ons. It has 4.10s and will be a weekend car with a good bit of that spent at the track. It ran 12.91 at 108 spinning hard in first and some of second. It is just about at the rev limiter when I cross the line. It has the stock tire size on there now and i need to replace them. Looking at a drag radials but what size do you guys think would be best? It has 16" wheels on it. Any help would be great. Thanks
Old 06-27-2013, 08:59 AM
Teching In

Anyone?
Old 07-01-2013, 05:25 AM
Teching In

Hey friend, through my experience your best bet is to do a little bit of research because you never know when the answer is right under your nose and when it comes to writing a post you might want to be a little more descriptive. I'm in the same situation with buying new wheels and figuring out which size tire will work without having to perform a bit of manual labor on the inner fender. Only if the answers were right there for us to use at a moments notice but then it would be too easy. Good luck on your search.
Old 07-02-2013, 02:04 PM
Teching In

I agree with rusted89. You never know unless sometimes you do a little trial and error experimenting. The only downside to this is it can get pricy quick(just depends on how much you get into it) And the thing about drag racing is just about everyone is running some kind of different set up so it can be hard to get advice from others as well. What I'd do is find a performance shop or wherever you go and maybe so what they say. Sounds like you're hungry to kill the strip! Best of of luck to ya man!
Old 07-02-2013, 10:49 PM
TECH Apprentice

I'd look at MT ET Streets, BFG Drag radials, and see if Hoosier has something in your size. MT and Hoosier is about as good as it gets. There are cars running in the 10's and lower on 10" wide tires like a 275 so don't get to hung up on width. If you like where your gear is at when crossing the traps then try to match your overall diameter. If you want to change that then play with a tire gearing calc and see what makes sense to you.

Quick Reply: Tire size?