Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

Ultimate dry traction/ whats the best?

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2004, 10:45 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ultimate dry traction/ whats the best?

I never drive my car in the rain and ive got stock tires and they suck!

I want a good race and street tire for ultimate dry traction and decent tread wear...whats the best out their for an f-body with aftermarket performance @400hp
Old 04-28-2004, 03:56 AM
TECH Fanatic

nitto 555R
Old 04-28-2004, 05:40 PM
BMW ///M Nerd

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nitto 555RIIs if you would like to see maybe 4000-5000 miles out of them. They are basically the same compound as the 555R Drag Radial, with a stiffer sidewall.

For an all around performer, the BF Goodrich GForce TA KD is designed for what you want, ultimate dry traction. They handle awesome, but wear slightly faster than say a Michelin Pilot Sport.

I don't know exactly what you mean. You state "race" is that at the track, at the dragway, on the street? There is no tire that is going to hook well with 400hp turning it. Drag radials will hook somewhat on the street, but they won't handle. I would expect the 555RII to suck on the street, as it takes awhile for the compound to heat up.

So if your looking for a street tire that can handle, go with the G-Force TA KD. It's still not going to hook on the street like a DR. You've just gotta learn to pick your foot up off the floor if you want to get decent mileage out of them, or any tire.

Rob
Old 04-28-2004, 07:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

You might want to try the Goodyear GS-D3's. If you look at the tread pattern. It's almost like a slick with grooves cut in it. I can barely get mine to spin on the street. I used to be able to just blip the throttle and spin. Now it's violent.

Not to mention they are freaking incredible in the rain. Haven't tried them at the track yet.