Pontiac GTO 2004-2006 The Modern Goat

after new stall and cam install,,, Speedo jumping while at Idle!!! HELP!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2013, 08:49 PM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default after new stall and cam install,,, Speedo jumping while at Idle!!! HELP!!!

Ive just had a yank ss 3600 stall and a tsp torquer v3 cam installed and dyno tuned. at wot the car is fine and the tune is fantastic,,BUT drivablility can not be properly tuned cus the car keeps fluctuating speed signal even while moving. At idle its vary evident cus you can see the speedo jump sometimes high as 40mph. Has any of you had this problem and or know a solution??? Tuner recomended checking for a damaged or grounded wire or possible a vehicle speed sensor. Any help would be great, and I thank you all!
Old 06-26-2013, 07:08 PM
Teching In

I've replaced the transmission speed sensor but problem continues. mostly jumps in gear at idle but will jump as you put it in gear or even sometimes when you put it in park!
Old 07-03-2013, 11:10 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Any codes? You could try disconnecting the battery and letting it sit overnight, maybe its just a bug in the system. I had the same thing happen to me, was going 130mph in park lol. Battery out and problem hasn't came back yet.
Old 07-03-2013, 08:03 PM
Teching In

I did try that with no success. Its actually getting worse. Jumping alot at idle.I will pull some panels over the weekend and check to see if wires are rubbed and or grounded out.
Old 07-06-2013, 10:15 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Wires got pinched when they put the trans back in.

Quick Reply: after new stall and cam install,,, Speedo jumping while at Idle!!! HELP!!!