What is it Worth? Use this forum to get feedback on vehicle prices - for selling or buying

1999 M6 SS Camaro

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2013, 10:28 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 1999 M6 SS Camaro

Here's the link for the ad on CL.

http://westmd.craigslist.org/cto/3895435808.html

Owner advised car was lowered and has a Corsa exhaust on it from the original owner. The seller is the second owner (had it for two years now). He said only issue is A/C needs charging. Yea...that means there's a leak somewhere. Not sure about the tire situation either. Still have lots of questions to ask; hope to see car in next day or so. Black isn't this beggar's first choice but the miles are right to make me drive it and not make it a garage hobbit. Impression I get is the car is pretty straight. Definitely will cARFAX it too.

What say you?
Old 06-26-2013, 03:15 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 442 Likes on 319 Posts

Hey Matt, I remember you from last summer. I'm surprised you never bought an F-body in all this time.
I generally try not to assess CL cars so don't take it personal. I just don't want to be involved with recommending a car to anyone here when the car may be horribly misrepresented or part of a scam. Free ads are not good IMO, and even if legit, it can speak volumes about the owner being cheap (so how does he care for his cars?)
Old 06-26-2013, 09:39 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I understand completely Dave...no problem. I've owned one black vehicle in my life and it was sheer misery just trying to keep it half way decent looking. So I'm more than likely gonna pass on this one.

And while I haven't lost the interest in an F-body, I have been dealing with other issues in life that really occupy my time (work, caring for my Mom since Dad died, etc). An LS-1 is never too far out of my mind...lol.

Thanks for the reply. You're always willing to lend an "appraisal hand." I appreciate it!
Old 06-26-2013, 10:56 PM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Craigslist is notorious for flakes and scammers but there are some legit sellers out there as well. As a matter of fact, the last five cars I sold were through Craigslist, with three cars going to out of state buyers. That being said, $7995 is a fair asking price for a two-owner SS, as long as it has a clean title history and has been well maintained. Personally, I would not rule it out simply because it is listed on Craigslist.
Old 06-27-2013, 08:46 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by GimmeLSx
Craigslist is notorious for flakes and scammers but there are some legit sellers out there as well. As a matter of fact, the last five cars I sold were through Craigslist, with three cars going to out of state buyers. That being said, $7995 is a fair asking price for a two-owner SS, as long as it has a clean title history and has been well maintained. Personally, I would not rule it out simply because it is listed on Craigslist.
No insult directed to you or other legit sellers. I definitely agree that there are some wonderful sellers on CL but how can you tell? It isn't worth the effort to flush them out of the barrel and figure out who is who. Not when you usually can find what you want on Autotrader or another pay site. The scam scenarios drop dramatically on pay sites BUT even then you always have to be on your guard. So many criminal types and just bad sellers out there. I don't want to unintentionally help them so I just refrain from most, not all, CL inquiries.
Old 06-27-2013, 08:48 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by 1829
I understand completely Dave...no problem. I've owned one black vehicle in my life and it was sheer misery just trying to keep it half way decent looking. So I'm more than likely gonna pass on this one.

And while I haven't lost the interest in an F-body, I have been dealing with other issues in life that really occupy my time (work, caring for my Mom since Dad died, etc). An LS-1 is never too far out of my mind...lol.

Thanks for the reply. You're always willing to lend an "appraisal hand." I appreciate it!
No problem. Yes, life comes first even when it comes to LS1 cars.

Quick Reply: 1999 M6 SS Camaro