Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Z28 Transmission... Issues...

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2013, 02:37 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Z28 Transmission... Issues...

i just bought a 1994 Z28 and it seems to be pulling very strong but recently the tranny has been acting up. sometimes under normal driving i can tell that its not wanting to push on forward and almost feels as if its bogging down and other times its at mid to wide open throttle where it does the same bogging down feeling or it will straight up slip and im at redline with the car im trying to pass getting up my rear end. The guy i bought it from said it was a rebuilt racing tranny(it does chirp 2nd gear if i take off and get it up to 3k rpms and there really isnt much of a gap between shifts so i guess that part might be true). if I drive it smooth i can feel it shift into all 4 gears fine. 1-2 is the most jerky and putting it into drive sometimes it tries to jump forward and will chirp the tires even with the brake pressed all the way to the floor. if anyone can help me it would be very very much appreciated.

Thank You,
ModMob
Old 06-28-2013, 11:00 PM

Received 389 Likes on 298 Posts

First, check your fluid level (engine warm and running). Make sure it is right on the full line or not more than 1/2 quart over.
While it would be good to scan for codes and hook up a pressure gauge to get a better idea of what is going on, this sounds like a combination of internal problems, possibly due to someone installing a bad shift kit (like the B&M).

Quick Reply: Z28 Transmission... Issues...