Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

Twin turbo kit for V1

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2013, 08:28 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Twin turbo kit for V1

I'm getting some interest on cadillacforum and decided I would share with y'all as well. I've been wanting to go twin turbo on my 04 CTS-V. I was joking with my boss and he said if I got enough interest it would be something he would be interested in mass produce and sale. So heres the idea at this point a 700 RWHP capability kit for 7500-8500 and up to 1300 RWHP capable kit for 11-15k. The lesser kit will be twin GT30 with internal gates for cost purpose. The upper level will have twin GT35 with twin MVR gates. Our thoughts are mounting them on the stock manifolds where the cats are. Thinking about oil less turbos.

Any feedback and ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Old 06-28-2013, 08:43 PM
DMM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Sounds familiar...lol. The GT-35's usually end up right at 700 whp for 347's from what I have seen. Their compressor map looks ideal for stock displacement.
Old 06-28-2013, 08:57 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

interest peaked
Old 06-28-2013, 08:59 PM
On The Tree

Personally I wouldn't go with a oil less turbo. They are more expensive, fairly new technology still and I haven't seen it proven with daily driven cars yet. That would steer me away from the setup. I think it would be wiser to either include a -12an drain setup with an oil pan (owners send the core back along with manifolds) or include the necessary instructions where to drill/tap the oil pan for the return and the hardware for it. Also include the requirements for fuel (injectors, pump, rails or whatever is needed) and possibly sell it with the turbo setup or sell a fuel kit by itself. Just my 2 cents.
Old 06-28-2013, 09:19 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by MichaelSuch
Personally I wouldn't go with a oil less turbo. They are more expensive, fairly new technology still and I haven't seen it proven with daily driven cars yet. That would steer me away from the setup. I think it would be wiser to either include a -12an drain setup with an oil pan (owners send the core back along with manifolds) or include the necessary instructions where to drill/tap the oil pan for the return and the hardware for it. Also include the requirements for fuel (injectors, pump, rails or whatever is needed) and possibly sell it with the turbo setup or sell a fuel kit by itself. Just my 2 cents.

Thanks for the feedback. I talked to Louis and our plan is to include fuel upgrade as well with the kit. He has alot of experience with oil less but I do get the concerns. I should be meeting with him again in the next hour or so and ill have more answeres for y'all.

Thanks
Old 06-28-2013, 09:23 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by DMM
Sounds familiar...lol. The GT-35's usually end up right at 700 whp for 347's from what I have seen. Their compressor map looks ideal for stock displacement.
DMM thanks for the feedback the GT35 seem a little big however if that's the gains you want we're all for that.
Old 06-28-2013, 09:53 PM
DMM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Interested in seeing the plans for the fuel. The V1 is handicapped by a very small fuel pump module and weak jet pump, which doesn't support larger in tank pumps. A few have done it, but they have drilled holes in the module to get additional flow into the module. I guess they never drive below 1/2 tank.

There are a bunch of threads on the matter, I posted a few pics myself. The tank is a saddle type design, separated into two halves by the driveshaft. There are two modules, one on the drivers and passengers side of the tank. The drivers side is just a sender and siphon point that is connected to the jet pump in the module located on the passenger side.

I looked at installing the V2 pump module but the tanks are different. The tanks may swappable but nobody has tried to date. The V2 also requires use of a PWM controller as well.

I believe Lonnie installs a Walboro 255 in the module and a second unit on a fabricated stand on the passenger side of the tank...takes 2-3 weeks and costs almost $1k.
Old 06-28-2013, 10:26 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by DMM
Interested in seeing the plans for the fuel. The V1 is handicapped by a very small fuel pump module and weak jet pump, which doesn't support larger in tank pumps. A few have done it, but they have drilled holes in the module to get additional flow into the module. I guess they never drive below 1/2 tank.

There are a bunch of threads on the matter, I posted a few pics myself. The tank is a saddle type design, separated into two halves by the driveshaft. There are two modules, one on the drivers and passengers side of the tank. The drivers side is just a sender and siphon point that is connected to the jet pump in the module located on the passenger side.

I looked at installing the V2 pump module but the tanks are different. The tanks may swappable but nobody has tried to date. The V2 also requires use of a PWM controller as well.

I believe Lonnie installs a Walboro 255 in the module and a second unit on a fabricated stand on the passenger side of the tank...takes 2-3 weeks and costs almost $1k.
Wow I didn't know the fuel systems were that sophisticated in the V's. I'd almost rather switch to a fuel cell or something where the spare tire holder is with a sump or two internal pumps and new fuel lines if that's the case.

Would a wally 255 external help at all with the stock pumps?
Old 06-28-2013, 10:52 PM
Staging Lane

Thanks for the info. Fuel system is an issue that will take some time to perfect.

Louis did say 3-4 cars really interested that we can start planning for this build.

Thanks, Jason
Old 06-29-2013, 12:20 AM
TECH Fanatic

If I go twins I'm going gt37's or bigger
Old 07-01-2013, 12:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

how would you run the charge pipes. below the subframe like all the other builds?

main reason i dont want twins mid mounted is that i want the ability to lower the car. people have talked about routing the charge pipes through the k frame but i haven't seen any posts about someone trying it and failing.. what do you think?
Old 07-03-2013, 11:17 PM
Launching!

Gee wherever did you come up with all these great ideas?
Old 07-04-2013, 12:00 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by B_ROCKS_IT
Gee wherever did you come up with all these great ideas?
Not you--that's for sure.

Quick Reply: Twin turbo kit for V1