Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

H/C LQ4 91 TA vs H/C/Nitrous 306 Foxbody

Old 06-30-2013, 11:55 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default H/C LQ4 91 TA vs H/C/Nitrous 306 Foxbody

This was a random run we set up while at a local hangout spot. We have honestly been trying to find a run for my brother's new setup for weeks now and it seems like everybody we ask always bails out!

Saw this guy with a clean fox mustang a few times recently and knew he had some sort of a nitrous setup. After talking to him, he told us about his combo and he seemed like a real cool guy and said he was down for a run! He said he normally does digs but that he'd do a 1st gear roll with us since my brother's bird is on street tires. Anyways, lets get to the details.

91 TA - Stock LQ4 bottom end, PRC stage 2.5 LS6 heads, Tick torquemax S3 cam, LS6 intake, stock ported TB, lontubes, 3.73's.

Foxbody - forged 306, edelbrock heads, E cam, holley intake setup, and a 125 dry shot.

The guy told us that he had gone 11.7 @ 118 on his current setup. He was riding solo for the race, and obviously I was riding passenger in my brother's bird.

The guy had nothing but nice things to say after the race, and he was damn impressed with how the bird ran. Told us it was by far the best race he's had since getting his setup together. Seems like the bird is running exactly how we figured it should be....now just need to get it to the track! Love having a no BS race with all compliments exchanged afterwards.
Old 06-30-2013, 12:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

Good run. Probably a dead nuts race with no passengers. Should get a run in with Punishment or SRZ. My car is down for a bit. But when its running.. ill come down for some runs
Old 06-30-2013, 12:27 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by evangto87
Good run. Probably a dead nuts race with no passengers. Should get a run in with Punishment or SRZ. My car is down for a bit. But when its running.. ill come down for some runs
Sounds good!

I too would have loved to see an equal passengers race, but I'll take what I can get these days. Every time I get close to running someone lately there's either excuses or a request to put money down...

Considering the circumstances though I'm very happy with how the car performed, and it was a great time!
Old 06-30-2013, 12:28 PM
TECH Apprentice

Thanks man. Wish he had a pass so we could have gotten an even race, but oh well. It was odd that the bird jumped out hard down low which is usually where a nitrous car shines. The 6.0 combo is bottle-necked by the LS6/stock TB on it. He plans on going with a FAST 92/92 combo soon and that should open it up much better, especially top end.

We've been trying to set up a run with SRZ or Ju1ce, but everyone is always busy every weekend so it just hasn't worked out. At least this run got it out of our systems for a bit lol.
Old 06-30-2013, 01:40 PM
10 Second Club

Received 412 Likes on 330 Posts

good run
Old 06-30-2013, 04:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by QuickShift
Sounds good!

I too would have loved to see an equal passengers race, but I'll take what I can get these days. Every time I get close to running someone lately there's either excuses or a request to put money down...

Considering the circumstances though I'm very happy with how the car performed, and it was a great time!
Originally Posted by NightmareTA
Thanks man. Wish he had a pass so we could have gotten an even race, but oh well. It was odd that the bird jumped out hard down low which is usually where a nitrous car shines. The 6.0 combo is bottle-necked by the LS6/stock TB on it. He plans on going with a FAST 92/92 combo soon and that should open it up much better, especially top end.

We've been trying to set up a run with SRZ or Ju1ce, but everyone is always busy every weekend so it just hasn't worked out. At least this run got it out of our systems for a bit lol.
Swap out the intakes and dial it in on the dyno. What gears are in the back?
Old 06-30-2013, 04:29 PM
TECH Apprentice

Swap out the intakes and dial it in on the dyno. What gears are in the back?
It's got 3.73's which seem perfect for this setup. I'd love to get some dyno time in to fine tune it, but I'd also love to see what it'll run at the strip. In time I guess!
Old 06-30-2013, 04:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

Yea im bummin... finally got my rear end together with the new REM/lightened 3.90s and diff cover... then the trans stopped shifting to fourth at WOT. Oh well. Gears were 6lbs lighter so thats nice. Now gotta grab a clutch and build this trans so i can shift again :/. Race from 40-95? lol
Old 06-30-2013, 06:00 PM
Teching In

Yea im bummin... finally got my rear end together with the new REM/lightened 3.90s and diff cover... then the trans stopped shifting to fourth at WOT. Oh well. Gears were 6lbs lighter so thats nice. Now gotta grab a clutch and build this trans so i can shift again :/. Race from 40-95? lol
That's a major buzz kill, lol. It's always something.
Old 07-01-2013, 10:26 PM
TECH Apprentice

Don't feel bad Evan....my car is done except for 2 damn silicone couplers which I have to order since they aren't available locally, and because of that BS, I'm missing yet another weekend of driving it. The car has been down for 2 months now because of a retarded freak issue that should have never happened in the first place. If I didn't have bad luck, I wouldn't have luck at all, thats for damn sure.
Old 07-02-2013, 09:48 AM
FormerVendor

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

GREAT race!

Looks like the SNS Stage 3 is doing work!
Old 07-02-2013, 07:10 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Martin@Tick
GREAT race!

Looks like the SNS Stage 3 is doing work!
Thanks Martin! I'm overall VERY pleased with this cam so far. Drivability is awesome, and the powerband rocks on the street. Haven't dynoed or tracked it yet, but am hoping to get some numbers soon.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: H/C LQ4 91 TA vs H/C/Nitrous 306 Foxbody