Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

vx ss commodore cold start/warmed idle problem

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2013, 06:52 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default vx ss commodore cold start/warmed idle problem

Hey guys I got a 2001 vx ss commodore in australia with ls1 in it 232/234 cam 3000 stallie fast 102mm manifold and fast 102mm throttlebody. First place that tuned the car did a F.... job. The cold start and when it was warmed where spot on but rest of tune was......... Eg to lean could not drive it on highway, pinging ton of problems. Now I went to another place to get it retuned and the car drives perfect. When you put car into Drive but it dies on cold starts. Took it back they fixed the problem then car wanted rev high cold and warmed like when you pull up at the lights it would sit on 1500rpm in drive and after 5-8sec idle would come back to 950rpm. It went back again few days ago picked car up today drives wonderful no faults at all but starting car tonight 5 hrs since I last drove it came to first corner had to stop and the car just died again. Seems when the cold start problem was fixed it made the high idle problem and now thats fixed again having bit of trouble again with cold starts just like the first time. I thought computer reads different temperature readings and goes by that. Have had tps,iat sensors changed and water temperature sensor checked all good. Going around in circles atm any ideas what I can try or let my tuner know? Dont know if the problem lies in the 102mm throttlebody or should I try 92mm
Old 07-02-2013, 07:42 AM
jca
Teching In

What sort of throttle body u runing some of the cheaper ones leak air round the blade but sounds like tune needs idle air flow settings modded also i ve had sealing probs beween the two halves of manifold etc
Old 07-02-2013, 08:08 AM

Originally Posted by jca
What sort of throttle body u runing some of the cheaper ones leak air round the blade but sounds like tune needs idle air flow settings modded also i ve had sealing probs beween the two halves of manifold etc
running fast 102mm manifold and fast 102 mm throttlebody. Car was running fine from previous place so would think manifold is sealing prop
Old 07-02-2013, 04:18 PM
jca
Teching In

yep then idle airflow tables need work can be time consuming as u only get one crack at it first thing in the morning id take it ur been leaving it over night
Old 07-02-2013, 06:26 PM

Originally Posted by jca
yep then idle airflow tables need work can be time consuming as u only get one crack at it first thing in the morning id take it ur been leaving it over night

yeh man been there just over 2 weeks on and off. Started car this morning it starts fine backed out put it into drive np at all now just when i come to slow down if i back off the accelerator quick idle will go down to like 200rpm then come straight back to 950rpm only does this now for like the first 3 blocks when bit of temperature gets into it its fine.

Quick Reply: vx ss commodore cold start/warmed idle problem