Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fast 102, LS1 Injectors and Aeromotive LS1 fuel rails UPDATE

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2013, 12:54 AM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Fast 102, LS1 Injectors and Aeromotive LS1 fuel rails UPDATE

I was planning on running a ported Fast 90 with LS1 injectors and my billet rails. Plans changed when my son decided he wanted my ported Fast 90. We found a 102 I plan to use for my build now - I already have LS1 Aeromotive billet rails. I need to purchase injectors yet so I was wondering what would be my best bet for simplest install for injectors?

I am willing to purchase hold down brackets for the rails or even fabricate my own if needed. I do prefer the simplest and cleanest installation possible. Thanks!

Last edited by high impact; 08-17-2013 at 12:25 AM. Reason: Update solution
Old 07-04-2013, 12:59 AM
Super Hulk Smash

Received 137 Likes on 114 Posts

I don't believe you can use the LS1 rails. You have to use the LS2 rails.

So, what I did was the simplest thing: buy take-off LS2 rails from Scoggin Dickey for $95 and then buy LS2 injectors.

If you buy LS2 injectors from FIC, they give you the correct adapter for the LS1 harness. Just call and tell them your plans.
Old 07-04-2013, 01:04 AM
10 Second Club

I have to use LS2 rails with LS2 injectors because of the hold down brackets OR because the injector seat/o-ring is different?

If it's the seat/o-ring I understand but if it's because of the hold down hardware I will buy LS2 injectors and fabricate my brackets.
Old 07-04-2013, 01:11 AM
Super Hulk Smash

Received 137 Likes on 114 Posts

The height of the injector is the problem. The o-rings are different, but you can swap those I believe. In the FAST LS1 adapter kit, they give you LS2 rails, new o-rings, and spacers so you can run LS1 injectors.

So, if you want to hack up the brackets and fabricate your own, you could probably run the LS1 injector since you'll be in control of the height/mounting location.
Old 07-04-2013, 01:17 AM
10 Second Club

It sounds like I can then either run LS1 injectors and my rails will be sitting rather high or LS2 injectors and they will sit lower. Of course I would be required to fabricate brackets in either situation unless I purchase new fuel rails. I have my stock LS1 injectors to use as mock-up but would rather use LS2 if possible. I think I got it.
Old 07-04-2013, 03:37 PM
Launching!

ls2 fuel rails and adapter from fast
Old 08-17-2013, 12:01 AM
10 Second Club

I can't stand when people don't update their threads with the solution they found and the thread becomes a dead end. I decided I better update this thread with the best solution I found especially since I can't imagine that I am the only person who has run into this issue. I hope this is able to help someone else searching for a solution.

Here are the parts and tools required to modify Aeromotive ls1 fuel rails for use with a 102 intake.

I ordered the lower o-rings for ls1 injectors AND the ls1 fuel rail brackets from Fast. I knew the fuel rail brackets would most likely require some fabrication since I have Aeromotive rails but I was determined to figure out an easy and efficient solution to the fuelrail/injector dilemma that Fast produced by changing the 102 intake.

You will need:
a can of PB Blaster or equivalent penetrating oil
masking tape
4 Fast ls1 rail brackets
10x24 tap with matching drill bit
Carbide bit

Place both rails on work bench with bracket holes facing up, install two of the Fast brackets to the front mounting hole on the right side of both fuel rails. Then mock up the rails on the intake and bolt all four brackets to the intake. Mark the rail where the two bracket holes are - I used a sharp pick to scratch the anodized red where I needed to drill the new mounting hole.

Remove the fuel rails, cover with a rag and gently mount in a vice. Since the fuel rail is not smooth but has grooves I had to remove the rib where I was going to drill. I used my carbide bit in my die grinder and carefully filed the raised rib smooth until I could center punch where I was to drill the hole.

Last edited by high impact; 08-17-2013 at 12:17 AM.
Old 08-17-2013, 12:04 AM
10 Second Club

Drill the hole with the appropriate sized drill bit (as marked on the tap). To keep from drilling too deep into the fuel rail I marked the drill bit with masking tape by using the existing mounting holes as a depth guide.

Old 08-17-2013, 12:09 AM
10 Second Club

Clean out the hole with compressed air and then spray with PB Blaster. Use the 10-24 tap to carefully tap the hole keeping it lubed and twisting the tap in a half turn then backing out. Continue tapping threads until the tap is bottomed in the hole (be careful not to twist too much at a time and break the tap).

Old 08-17-2013, 12:09 AM
10 Second Club

Once again, clean the hole out.

Old 08-17-2013, 12:12 AM
10 Second Club

Now you are ready to install the bracket to the fuel rail and bolt them on.

It's that easy to run Aeromotive ls1 fuel rails and injectors with your 102 Fast intake! ;-)

Old 08-17-2013, 12:13 AM
10 Second Club

Now my ls1 injectors line up perfectly and I didn't even have to fabricate homemade brackets. I will update again when she fires up!
Old 08-17-2013, 06:30 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

looks really nice, thanks for sharing.

Quick Reply: Fast 102, LS1 Injectors and Aeromotive LS1 fuel rails UPDATE