LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Please help car wont start

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2013, 07:21 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Please help car wont start

I have a 94 lt1 m6. I was coming home from work yesterday and i got to a stop sign and my car died. I scanned the car and code 36 high resolution pulse failure came up. The other day i went to take off in first gear and the car died on its face backfired so loud that i thought i blew the motor and then it was fine but after that when ever i would try to start it i would have to crank it for like 5 seconds if not more so right there i knew the timing went way off. I keep reading that it could be the pcm or the opti.
Old 07-04-2013, 10:16 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Check your opti harness, if it turns out to be fine more than likely your optispark has failed.

Bill

Standalone LS Swap Harnesses IN STOCK!
LSX, LTX Stand alone swap harnesses. S10 LSX conversion PLUG AND PLAY harnesses, 24x conversion PLUG AND PLAY harnesses. LT1 to LSX PLUG AND PLAY Harnesses.
sales@bp-automotive.com
www.bp-automotive.com
1-888-467-4491
Old 07-04-2013, 03:10 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Code 36- Distributor ignition system. Faulty high resolution (360X) pulse or multiple low resolution pulses detected. Check pigtail connector from distributor to main harness for any opens or shorts. Verify wiring is okay before replacing distributor.

OrTC 36 - Distributor Ignition System (Faulty High Resolution Pulse or Extra Low Resolution Pulse Detected).

Quick Reply: Please help car wont start