Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

17x10 Smoothie's on all four 95 Z

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2004, 03:23 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 17x10 Smoothie's on all four 95 Z

Well I got my tires from DTD in record time ordered on Monday at 2:00pm and I had them Wednesday at 12:00 noon. First impression some scrapes not show car worthy. They fit though the backspace is right on front wheels do seem to stick out alittle much for my liking but I can live with it.
The lug holes look like some kid took a impact driver and mared them up pretty good.
I took it out for a 2 miles trip car with 275/40zr/17 Kumho's tries to steer itself you have to be awake for these. Might get better after breakin?
These are the Coddington Smoothie II's in 17x10 that DTD has on sale.

Pros: Quick shipping, cheep, come with lugnuts.
Cons: Fit & Finesh, Handling.
Would I do it again? Yes it's a street car not a show car and the wheels look kick *** if your not searching for blems.
Attached Thumbnails 17x10 Smoothie's on all four 95 Z-before1.jpg   17x10 Smoothie's on all four 95 Z-new3.jpg   17x10 Smoothie's on all four 95 Z-new7.jpg   17x10 Smoothie's on all four 95 Z-new6.jpg   17x10 Smoothie's on all four 95 Z-new9.jpg  

Old 04-28-2004, 05:29 PM
BMW ///M Nerd

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Kumho tires are crap. They ride harsh, are loud, and are basically the Futuras of their home country. However, it's a low profile tire, it is going to follow cracks and grooves in the road.

Sure they are cheap, but they are tires, they connect your car to the ground. Sell those things and get a set of the new Goodyears, or BF Goodrich tires.

Sorry to hear about the condition of your brand new wheels!
Old 04-28-2004, 10:51 PM
Teching In

Wow the Corvette guys gave good reviews of these tires, but my car does handle like a mini cooper now.
Will new springs and shocks make a differance? I hate to swap tires after I just put them on. One of my tires choice factors was get cheap one's because of the gravel in the parking lot at work. I wanted a hard compound not soft so it wouldn't take nail and stuff.
Old 04-28-2004, 11:08 PM
TECH Enthusiast

these wheels dont come with a good finish, mine came crappy from dtd, but i dealt with it, bought the 15 dollar Mothers Billet Polish from autozone and did that a few timess, then i cleaned them with amonia free windex to take the protectant out and coated it with some z-2 and they looked great for a few weeks without a polish, i would reccomend doing at lest 3 coats of ziano for it to last longer then a few weeks, and just use some ziano car wash. Good luck bro.... (Got the system of cleaning off another member of the boards but can't remember who)
Old 04-28-2004, 11:18 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Quick 99
these wheels dont come with a good finish, mine came crappy from dtd, but i dealt with it, bought the 15 dollar Mothers Billet Polish from autozone and did that a few timess, then i cleaned them with amonia free windex to take the protectant out and coated it with some z-2 and they looked great for a few weeks without a polish, i would reccomend doing at lest 3 coats of ziano for it to last longer then a few weeks, and just use some ziano car wash. Good luck bro.... (Got the system of cleaning off another member of the boards but can't remember who)
Did you notice the puddle that forms in the dish after a wash? I washed the car after the install and when I got home had a brake pad rust puddle sitting in the bottom. "Best to dry these after a wash completely"
I figured these would clean up nice with a small electric buffer and some good polish. Thats the bonus of aluminum.
hey 60lbs. for four wheels and tires aint too heavy either.
Old 04-28-2004, 11:23 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Yea, that dish is a PITA, but mine are for sale now

I need more hahaa