Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

water pump difference

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2013, 07:04 AM
TECH Resident

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Default water pump difference

I have a 99 LS1 Camaro engine and need to replace the water pump. I also have an almost new LS1 Corvette water pump (2000 Corvette). I heard that are different because of the serpentine alignment but both looked the same. If there any difference at all and can I use the Corvette one on my Camaro engine without serpentine alignment problems?
Old 07-05-2013, 08:34 PM
TECH Resident

Default water pumps

Originally Posted by Mike Cordero
I have a 99 LS1 Camaro engine and need to replace the water pump. I also have an almost new LS1 Corvette water pump (2000 Corvette). I heard that are different because of the serpentine alignment but both looked the same. If there any difference at all and can I use the Corvette one on my Camaro engine without serpentine alignment problems?
Anyone??????
Old 07-05-2013, 09:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts

Surprised no response to your wp question. The F body and the vette water pump are the same. The vette assesories are closer to the motor , the belt rides in a different postion on the bell of the pump. and farther out on a F body . Its easy to verify just call Autozone or your local parts store same part #
Old 07-05-2013, 09:19 PM
TECH Resident

Default water pump

Originally Posted by omc8
Surprised no response to your wp question. The F body and the vette water pump are the same. The vette assesories are closer to the motor , the belt rides in a different postion on the bell of the pump. and farther out on a F body . Its easy to verify just call Autozone or your local parts store same part #
Thanks.
Old 07-05-2013, 09:24 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike Cordero
Thanks.
No problem , good luck with replacing water pump !

Quick Reply: water pump difference