Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

Another cross country journey in the V complete

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2013, 07:50 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Another cross country journey in the V complete

I think I've mentioned this one this forum elsewhere, but I've been reassigned to the Washington, DC area (I'm in the Air Force). Anyway, the movers won't be coming to my old house until later this month, but I loaded up the V with a couple suitcases and headed out from Cheyenne, WY to DC with my girlfriend (she's in the AF as well and had to fly back to Cheyenne yesterday). I had to drive the whole way being she can't reach the pedals with my new seats (in fact, she sat on a pillow to be able to see over the dash and out the window lol ).

I haven't pulled all of my stats from the DIC yet, but it ended up being over 1600 miles without any real issues. I was getting around 25 mpg until some sight seeing in cities along the way killed it. I am getting a bit of rubbing on the passenger side rear on bumps in the highway (~14 inches from fender to center of hub, 285/35s on TD wheels, fenders not yet rolled). Other than that, it was fine. I even found the Sparco Evos and harnesses comfortable for the long journey (gf not so much being smaller framed, the 3 inch shoulder straps rubbed on her neck).

Anyway, thought I'd share. After nearly six years of V ownership, I still love this car. Plenty of compliments along the way (even from the VA officer who pulled me over. It was the first time I've been stopped for tint. He didn't even mention it again after we got talking a bit.)

Edit: My stock (as far as I know), 116k mile diff whines so horribly loud. I can't wait to get my 9" kit installed to alleviate that issue alone...

Last edited by UnsafeAtAnySpd; 07-07-2013 at 08:04 PM.
Old 07-07-2013, 10:46 PM
TECH Resident

Received 60 Likes on 46 Posts

Congrats on the assignment!!! I'm finally going to SOS in Aug LOL. What are you going to be doing in DC as a capsule jockey?

Well take care bud!!
Old 07-07-2013, 11:34 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

SOS is a great time. Even Montgomery is way better than during ASBC (if you went) . I went last summer (another 3k miles on the V there). Have fun.

I'm going to be an AFPAK Hand.
http://www.afghanwarnews.info/afpakhands.htm

So a bit of a break from nukes for now.
Old 07-08-2013, 01:10 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

cool that you made the drive out there. how are your coilovers noise wise? i spent this weekend trying to get to the bottom of my noise issue.

when i try one other thing i'll make a thread with some pictures.
Old 07-08-2013, 02:21 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Well since your gonna be in DC, it would be worth the ride to Ocean City MD in october for the big car cruise. I believe its the first weekend of october.

Quick Reply: Another cross country journey in the V complete