Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Should I?

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2013, 12:27 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Should I?

Okay so originally I was going to lsx swap a mustang, but I may be getting a '96 camaro roller. The car is owned by a friend of mine. 176,000 miles on the body but it is CLEAN! Straight body, fresh silver paint, dent/scratch free, only blemish is a small paint chip on the bottom of the front bumper. The car is lowered 1.5". big cowl hood, SS spoiler. also has many newly replaced suspension parts. The Lt1 and 4l60e are gone. He was going to LS1 swap it but now he is building an LM7 powered s10 instead. he said he would sell me the roller with an LS1 k member for $1400. And I can keep it in his storage garage for the time being which would be great since I only have a 1 car garage at the moment. Think I should hop on this? Also I know many people have done the lt1-->ls1 swap but I was thinking of dropping in an lq4, can I switch to ls1 accessory drive and still run the truck intake since the car has a large cowl? Sounds kinda stupid to use the truck intake, but from what I've heard the truck intake outperforms the ls1 intake low-end wise. I don't want to invest in say a ls6 intake, because my dad is a phenomenal metal worker/tig welder and has made a few sheet metal intakes for some of his own projects, so eventually I will go that route....if I buy the car.
Old 07-08-2013, 11:43 PM
TECH Resident

I doubt the truck intake will fit. The Camaro engines sit under the windshield.
Old 07-09-2013, 12:15 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm in the middle of the swap right now. Its not that hard, hell half the work with the motor out has been done for you. 1400 for a 176000 mile car seems like alot but if its as nice as you say then its a 1000 roller which is reasonable.

As far as the motor goes I was going to do the truck thing and if you find a GOOD 5.3 cheap you need the F-body pan, intake, rails and front accessories. The intake you can pick up a LS1 instake cheap I'm selling one for 120 shipped for example

The wiring harness there are few options if you search on here you find instructions on how to do it.

If you really like the car and would keep it for awhile it would be a sweet ride when done.
Old 07-09-2013, 09:03 AM
Teching In

It definitely a gorgeous car, and I have al lot of my own time in the car in the past. I will probably end up getting it from him. Better start gathering parts lol

Quick Reply: Should I?