What is it Worth? Use this forum to get feedback on vehicle prices - for selling or buying

2000 Camaro SS SLP 136K miles - Worth?

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2013, 03:22 PM
h0t
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2000 Camaro SS SLP 136K miles - Worth?

Putting up this thread to get some feedback/input on what you think I could expect to get for trade-in and private party sale on my car. KBB lists the trade-in at $5,400 and private party at $7,000. However it can't include all the options and a national cars.com search yields $8,500 - $13,000 for similar vehicles above 100,000 miles.

Specs:
2000 Chevy Camaro SS SLP Black on Black
6-speed, leather interior, power seats etc
fully loaded (SLP lid, SLP exhaust, ipod hookup, rear defroster, all original paperwork, car cover etc)
T-Tops - cars perfectly straight and they do not leak at all
Hurst shifter factory
136,000 miles
1 of 1600 black on black 2000 SS's produced out of 48,000 or so that year (not including the SLP package from the factory so probably 1 of a few hundred at most)

I bought the car in 2008. It's unmodified but I added a K&N Air filter, NGK spark plugs, new wires, replaced all 6 speakers with Kenwood speakers and it has fairly new tires including a set of BFG Drag Radials (long story short I need tires quickly and it's the only one's they had in stock surprisingly at town fair). Only used Royal Purple the entire time I've owned it, oil changed at 2500-3000 miles, garage kept for half of the time I owned it etc. I had the windows professionally tinted as well, Mass compliant 35%. Clutch was done at 65,000 miles and it still works fine now.

Car was dynoed in November or so (before oil change, plugs and wires), UNTUNED, at new england dyno in Mass and it put down 323rwhp/330tq so the power is still there (I know the mileage is high so I wanted to make sure it was still performing like it should).

Long story short I have a company car now AND I used to take the train to work prior to for the past 2.5 years so I barely drove the car as is. Car really needs nothing but a good cleaning and probably a quick paint job to make it close to perfect. I bought the car originally to modify it but sadly given it's "rarity" and the fact that it was previously unmodified I couldn't do it (plus I didn't have the funds at the time to do what I wanted). Now I'm either just going with the company car or getting a Corvette as my toy instead. Again car has never been taken to the track or beat on, dynoed once for 4 pulls and I have the title in hand. I have dyno papers, videos etc to backup the above. Again I'm either looking to trade it in for a corvette or sell it period. Any further questions let me know Thanks!
Old 07-10-2013, 06:18 PM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

With that many miles, any collector value that it once had is null, so do not plan on getting a premium for it because it is "rare." In today's market, I do not think you will see $7000 for it.
Old 07-10-2013, 06:43 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 442 Likes on 319 Posts

Originally Posted by GimmeLSx
With that many miles, any collector value that it once had is null, so do not plan on getting a premium for it because it is "rare." In today's market, I do not think you will see $7000 for it.
I totally agree with GimmeLSx. Zero collector value. I can't stress that enough, not with 6 figures on the odometer. $7,000 is a fine asking price but expect negotiations and a final selling price lower than that. It all depends what you feel comfortable with. GLWS!!

Quick Reply: 2000 Camaro SS SLP 136K miles - Worth?