Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

first ls nitrous application

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2013, 10:39 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default first ls nitrous application

Ok I've been doing some comparing on different kits and found one that seems to be a winner but figured I'd get some opinions from here, my questions are would it be safe on a stock motor(aside from bolt ons) with a say 150 shot, the shortblock only has about 30k miles on it, my other question is how much rwhp could I expect to pick up, don't have any current power numbers just curious what the typical gains are. Current mods are slp flo Pac, PnP TB, ls6 intake, 1 7/8 longtubes and tsp true duals. Any and all info and opinions on my questions and the kit itself are welcome. Here is the link to the kit, also who will be installing and tuning as well. Thanks in advance guys.

http://www.tickperformance.com/98-02...ystem-package/
Old 07-14-2013, 09:33 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Bump.
Old 07-14-2013, 09:39 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

not an expert, but figured u cud at least use a response, i just got my stuff working, spraying 100 shot. stock except bolt ons. seems to be fine. pulling timing with lnc2000. want to do the 150 eventualy, but wanna upgrade fuel pump and injectors before that. havent dynod, but def feels like the 100 shot is right on.
Old 07-15-2013, 11:23 AM
TECH Apprentice

Every car is different as how much you would pick up on nitrous. Some cars pick up more and some pick up less. I would guess on a 150 you would see 130+ to the wheels. My personal car picked up 235 on a 200 shot but its just how the car is setup. The kit you picked out looks like a very complete kit.
Old 07-15-2013, 12:49 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Have you called Nitrous outlet about that kit? I would give them a call because I would scrap the tr6 plugs and go with some NGK br7ef's and I think Nitrous Outlet is a little cheaper on that kit.
Old 07-15-2013, 01:12 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Nitrous outlet doesn't have this exact kit, this is their complete system with more components added to it by tick to make sure you have everything you need for the install, if you compare this kit from tick to the one on nitrous outlets website you'll see the difference, but I'm sure if I tell them I'd rather have different plugs they would have no problem swapping them out, that's the reason I picked to get it from tick than nitrous outlet directly
Old 07-15-2013, 01:48 PM
FormerVendor

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by US_Army_Z28
Nitrous outlet doesn't have this exact kit, this is their complete system with more components added to it by tick to make sure you have everything you need for the install, if you compare this kit from tick to the one on nitrous outlets website you'll see the difference, but I'm sure if I tell them I'd rather have different plugs they would have no problem swapping them out, that's the reason I picked to get it from tick than nitrous outlet directly
PM sent.
Old 07-15-2013, 02:41 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by US_Army_Z28
That's why I told you to call them. Nitrous Outlet makes custom plates for custom applications so I'm sure they have no issue making a kit to your liking.

FYI, I was able to build the kit on N.O.'s website and still was able to come out almost $500.00 cheaper.
Old 07-18-2013, 07:15 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 87silverbullet
That's why I told you to call them. Nitrous Outlet makes custom plates for custom applications so I'm sure they have no issue making a kit to your liking.

FYI, I was able to build the kit on N.O.'s website and still was able to come out almost $500.00 cheaper.
Tick performance overcharge for things Ive never heard of that....

Quick Reply: first ls nitrous application