Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

4l80e intermittent shifting trouble

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2013, 07:42 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 4l80e intermittent shifting trouble

I have a 4l80e that won't shift until higher mph even when your feathering it, and then other times it shifts fine, and still other times it will fall out of gear when you stop, I was thinking electronics or possibly the pressure manifold? any1 else have any ideas? This is a high mileage transmission but it has moments of clarity which makes me think electronic because clutches don't regenerate
Old 07-13-2013, 11:26 PM
zgp
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Gearhead115
I have a 4l80e that won't shift until higher mph even when your feathering it, and then other times it shifts fine, and still other times it will fall out of gear when you stop, I was thinking electronics or possibly the pressure manifold? any1 else have any ideas? This is a high mileage transmission but it has moments of clarity which makes me think electronic because clutches don't regenerate
post some info on the what is vehicle, engine, transmission controls etc....
Old 07-14-2013, 02:28 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

vehicle is a 1 ton express with 6 liter motor, I was thinking maybe the pressure manifold or something in the pump messing with line pressure? And I know that a van doesn't belong on this site but it's needed for work and this site seems to have many knowledgeable people.

Quick Reply: 4l80e intermittent shifting trouble