Automatic Transmission 2-Speed thru 10-Speed GM Autos | Converters | Shift Kits
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Time to decide who's building the tranny...any thoughts on my choices?!

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2013, 05:31 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Time to decide who's building the tranny...any thoughts on my choices?!

So, I am putting together a very high horsepower build, and the whole purpose for the car is TX2K and such like events (vehicle is gonna see dig AND roll races). So, my other build is having a tranny built by Gilbert, from Ace Racing Trans, and Gilbert and I spoke briefly this morning about building the 4l80e for this build as well. Now, Gilbert is more than qualified, as he doesn't just build trans for 1k horse vehicles, like most of us here are in that range. But Ace also builds some MONSTER trans for their cars in the X-DRL class. So I'm confident in his ability. But, I've also been suggested to look at Rossler Transmissions and then run a Pro Torque converter for this build. And the person who made the suggestion is a very respected engine builder, so I am now wondering if anyone can offer insight? First hand knowledge? I am looking for feedback about both, Rossler AND Pro Torque. And I'm looking for other suggestions as far as converters go as well.
Old 07-14-2013, 01:41 PM
FormerVendor

Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts

Rossler is a good company but he's not doing anything that Gilbert or any other high end builder can't do.

As for converters, Pro Torque has the market on most of the really fast stuff, and their converters require some "different" than normal considerations during the trans build.

PTC or ProTorque in most of the really fast stuff.
Old 07-14-2013, 01:47 PM
Teching In

Putting mine on a trailer Tuesday morning for a 300 mile trip and headed to Ace Racing. We have some builders near the Houston area but after talking with Gilbert my gut says take it to Ace... excited...

Good Luck OP on whoever you choose.

John
Old 07-14-2013, 04:35 PM
On The Tree

I appreciate the feedback guys, and I think I'm gonna follow my initial thoughts and go with Gilbert. And good to know that Pro Torque is for that caliber, thanks!

Quick Reply: Time to decide who's building the tranny...any thoughts on my choices?!