Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Hepl wiring Alpine CDA 9835

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2004, 06:46 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hepl wiring Alpine CDA 9835

Looking at the manual for my new CDA 9835 and Im gonna need some help identifying the wiring in my 02 FireHawk. I dont want to CUT any wires, just tap into them since I want to be able to put the stock radio and all back in when i sell the vehicle.

Im not going with the wiring harness since I will be using the pre-amp outsputs for all the speakers and my subs. So basicaly I just need to indentify the following wires, if you can help, I greatly appreciate it.

Illumination Lead: Vehicles instrument cluster illumination.
Switched Power: Wire providing +12v only when vehicle is turned on
Power Antenna: +B Teminal of the power antenna

I think that should cover it.

The owners manual doesnt say it anywhere but I thought I read on a web site somewhere that the CDA-9835 needs an amp install kit for the power supply since it draws so much power. Anyone know if this is the case? or can I just use the power lead thats already there from the stock radio.
Old 04-29-2004, 08:02 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

id just get the harness man nice and neat and easy just dont hook up the speaker wires if ya want , my alpineis hooked up that way all pre amps . makes life easy though and no chance of wrong wires
Old 04-29-2004, 08:23 AM
Copy & Paste Moderator

Received 187 Likes on 141 Posts

You can find the wiring diagrams for the Monsoon system here:
http://www.houston-f-body.org/tech/monsoon/
It'll tell you where to find the leads that you need.

I dont know about the power draw of that Alpine. All I can suggest is to check out its power requirements and compare it to the rating on the fuse in the fuse block that corresponds to the radio. Be aware that other devices may be on that circuit as well.

--VIP1

Quick Reply: Hepl wiring Alpine CDA 9835