Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Huron Speed Twin Turbo Kit *Top-Mounted T4's*

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2013, 11:02 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 59 Likes on 44 Posts

Default Huron Speed Twin Turbo Kit *Top-Mounted T4's*

I have been posting a few teasers here and there of our twin turbo kit, and would like to make a thread to gauge interest, get opinions on what options people might like to see, etc.

We can build these custom suit per application if someone wants something a little different, no problem, but we would like to have a base design down that we can work off of, and if anyone wants something a little different, we can modify based off that!

Hotside Twin Turbo Kits
-We would love to do a cold side, but with set-ups that require radiator modifications (stood up in core support) the cold sides get very tricky to get a one set-up fits all based off what radiator you are running, where exactly it sits in the core support, where your upper and lower inlets are, where your coolant lines run, etc. For this reason, I think we will start by offering hotside set-ups. Also, many people have many different wants and goals of what they prefer in a cold side. With car's in house, we would love to fabricate a cold side however you like, A2A or even custom A2W.
-Turbos will be mounted up high and center with T4 flanges, and 3" downpipes with V-band connections to fit turbos such as Turbonetics Hurricane series, to the new T-series Billet 7575's. Will also direct bolt up to Comp CT43s for anyone wanting to run Oil-Less which can be had in sizes from 5656's up to 7879s! The popular Precision units such as the 7675's will also directly bolt on.
-We will be using a pair of 2-piece downpipes, the 2-pieces connects with V-bands as well, dumping the exhaust out each side beyond the K-member.
-Hotside pipes will have your primary O2 sensor bungs, 44mm Wastegate flanges, and truck manifold flange
-Kit will require a stood up radiator to fit the turbos, AC Removal, and a Super Turbo Style k-member to clear the piping. Would require relocating of the alternator but we will supply the brackets. Also if you wish to run air filters on the turbos, relocating of the fuse boxes and battery will allow that, otherwise screens would be recommended or nothing for your crazy guys

If you would be interested in a hotside kit, please post up your opinions on what different you might like to see out of the base kit, or if you would be interested in a kit.

We will offer the kits in bare stainless or in ceramic coating (shiny silver or flat black)

Pricing will probably vary between the $1200-$1900 mark for the hotside depending final costs with what we decide on for the base kit options and coating options. Kits varying off the base form will have additional costs to modify from the jigged form or complete fabrication from scratch depending on the differences.

If anyone is interested in a kit, please shoot me a PM and we can get it in the works for you!

Featuring 6 different turbo kits for your F-body!
Check us out on Facebook at: www.facebook.com/HuronSpeed

Last edited by Superman09; 07-14-2013 at 11:09 PM.
Old 07-14-2013, 11:37 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Definitely getting ahold of you soon for this. Been waiting for your twin kit to be released:-)
Old 07-14-2013, 11:49 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Originally Posted by 4U2BNVS
Definitely getting ahold of you soon for this. Been waiting for your twin kit to be released:-)

Right now this will be our base form. If there is demand for something to be altered we will go from there!

Old 07-14-2013, 11:59 PM
TECH Apprentice

Hmhh interesting
Old 07-15-2013, 08:15 AM
TECH Fanatic

I really need to stop visiting the Forced Induction section.
Old 07-15-2013, 09:21 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Is this based off manifolds or headers?
Old 07-15-2013, 09:26 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Looks SWWWWWEEEEEET!!!
Old 07-15-2013, 10:36 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

DAMMITTT. bye bye money.
Old 07-15-2013, 11:29 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 73 Likes on 40 Posts

I think for purposes of marketing, you should pick a radiator/fan combo, stand it up, and show how you guys are doing the cooling system (and that it really works!). This would show that its completely streetable. I know one of my biggest worries about going FI was if i was going to be able to keep the car cool and if not, how was i going to do it.

Lots of people are running the griffin radiator and derale fan combo so that might be place to start. While this might not be a one size fits all combo, it would show that there is simple solution out there and save some people from searching about a proven cooling systems combination.

I really like the kit.
Old 07-15-2013, 12:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

the cooling system is more finished than those pics, I'm sure Jon could snap some more recent ones once the car is back together.
Old 07-16-2013, 08:24 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Cool

I agree with the one size fits all statement. That's pretty hard to do. Myself I would just order the hot size and fab up the cold, as I like doing that stuff. It is nice tho to not have alot of couplers on the cold side. Just one more place for a boost leak. Standing up the rad scares alot of ppl that can't do fab work. It may be better off leaving it as just a hot side but only time will tell. I know I love the fitment of your single T4 kit. Def will be watching this thread closely.
Old 07-16-2013, 08:39 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Thanks everyone! We would love to be able to offer a complete set-up with everything, but the fact is that one set-up simply will not suit everyone. Many people want many different set-ups for different goals, budgets, and simply personal preference. With offering a base hotside kit, we can customize from there and/or allow the customer to make suit for their needs beyond that in a set-up like this!

Old 07-16-2013, 08:41 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Originally Posted by TT427
Is this based off manifolds or headers?
Truck manifolds.
We do have a set of manifolds in the works however with v-banded outlets that we are going to make to retain OEM alt location. We could either base this off of the proven truck manifolds for flow and strength, or if people would prefer manifolds as well, would could base the kit off of those however that would also drive the price up some.

Old 07-16-2013, 09:50 AM
TECH Fanatic

subscribing...
Old 07-16-2013, 09:55 AM
TECH Fanatic

there may be few of us out there but is there any way in making a hot side set to be worked with a Spohn tubular k member??? hell i have a spare k member i could even possibly send you for maybe a good deal on your parts

also is anything being done to support the weight of the turbos?

Last edited by C Murda; 07-16-2013 at 10:00 AM.
Old 07-16-2013, 04:14 PM
Staging Lane

How much extra to keep a/c. To damn hot here in TX
Old 07-16-2013, 04:18 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Too damn sick!
Old 07-16-2013, 05:50 PM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Could this kit just simply be made with a c6 manifold on the passenger side?
Old 07-16-2013, 07:36 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Originally Posted by C Murda
there may be few of us out there but is there any way in making a hot side set to be worked with a Spohn tubular k member??? hell i have a spare k member i could even possibly send you for maybe a good deal on your parts

also is anything being done to support the weight of the turbos?
I would have to see it, but I doubt it. The issue runs into the outer bars on the K-member. The super turbo style has curved outer bars allowing for much more outside room, which allows us to fit a 3" down pipe out both sides. You could fit ONE out the passenger side, but with the steering shaft on the drivers side, you need the extra space of the turbo K-member.

Nothing is needed to support the weight of these turbo's. They come in at less than 20# a piece for the bigger ones, which is no issues for the cast truck manifolds to support. No worries there!

Old 07-16-2013, 07:37 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Originally Posted by 2002TTTA
How much extra to keep a/c. To damn hot here in TX
Unfortunately quite a bit as tubular headers would be needed.

Quick Reply: Huron Speed Twin Turbo Kit *Top-Mounted T4's*