Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

P1336 Crankshaft Position Sensor Relearn

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2013, 06:31 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default P1336 Crankshaft Position Sensor Relearn

I guess I should have know better but I didn't. I recently changed my 411 ECM and encountered the error code mentioned. Since I was had encountered problems with my original ECM, I had to change it out. I didn't know this would complicate things so. When the engine was in the open loop, it ran OK but once it went into closed loop, things got much different. The engine had no power, would misfire and want to die at idle when it was in gear. At first I thought it might be a MAF problem but when I disconnected it without a difference, that wasn't it. I haven't seen this problem discussed much and I thought I had a somewhat basic knowledge of the workings of the LS1/ECM relationship.

Once the car was taken to a dealer and the crankshaft relearn procedure was redone ($85), the car runs normally. The dealer said this was the problem and was somewhat common with ECM changes on these type engines. I was wondering if anyone had encountered this problem when an ECM was used that didn't come with the engine?
Old 10-16-2014, 09:12 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

welcome to the stupid misfire code life I have it to, needs to be programmed out of pcm

Quick Reply: P1336 Crankshaft Position Sensor Relearn